Aside from Murder, The UK consistently had more crime than USA

It's not fake news.

Your link says:
There were 11 homicides in Renfrewshire and Inverclyde in 2017-18 giving a murder rate of 4.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, ahead of big cities such as London and New York

American murder rate:
5.35 per 100,000.

So statistically speaking their worst area is still safer than the American Average. Are there safer areas in America than Renfrewshire? Obviously, it's how statistics work.

But that doesn't really answer your question. It's comparing the worst part of scotland to the entirety of America.

The statement was that Scotland is safer than any part of America.

Statistically speaking it is pretty much true. Every single state in America has a higher murder rate than Scotland.
Scotland 1.1 per 100,000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_decade#2010s

New Hampshire is the safest in America 1.3 per 100,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_homicide_rate

Of course if you want to break America into counties so you have thousands of different areas to compare to Scotland as a whole and you'll find some statistical anomalies that back up your point.

It's intellectually dishonest but possible.
It's not fake news.

Your link says:
There were 11 homicides in Renfrewshire and Inverclyde in 2017-18 giving a murder rate of 4.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, ahead of big cities such as London and New York

American murder rate:
5.35 per 100,000.

So statistically speaking their worst area is still safer than the American Average. Are there safer areas in America than Renfrewshire? Obviously, it's how statistics work.

But that doesn't really answer your question. It's comparing the worst part of scotland to the entirety of America.

The statement was that Scotland is safer than any part of America.

Statistically speaking it is pretty much true. Every single state in America has a higher murder rate than Scotland.
Scotland 1.1 per 100,000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_decade#2010s

New Hampshire is the safest in America 1.3 per 100,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_homicide_rate

Of course if you want to break America into counties so you have thousands of different areas to compare to Scotland as a whole and you'll find some statistical anomalies that back up your point.

It's intellectually dishonest but possible.

I read through it too fast. I thought I saw for all of Scotland that it was 1.5 per 100,000. The US numbers your pulled up was for 2016, I think Vermont is the lowest for 2017.

I didn't bring up the county for comparison but where I had lived and was a safe place with 1000 square miles and more than half a century without a murder.

Scotland is a country vermont is a state

Still Scotland as a nation would be less than an average state in population.

6.5 million for an average state vs Scotland at 5.5 million.

I read through it too fast. I thought I saw for all of Scotland that it was 1.5 per 100,000. The US numbers your pulled up was for 2016, I think Vermont is the lowest for 2017.

I didn't bring up the county for comparison but where I had lived and was a safe place with 1000 square miles and more than half a century without a murder.

It's certainly not 1.5 per 100,000. The link I pulled up was from wiki which I used the 1.1 from 2014. Wiki stats aren't as up to date as local gov stats. But in the 2016-7 financial year there were 64 homicides in Scotland. Divide that by 54 (5.295 million pop) and you get 1.185 per 100,000.

The larger the pool group the larger the variance. Often outliers like the area you mentioned are removed from statistics because they skew the stats (kinda like diving or figure skating removing the lowest and highest scores before calculating the average)

To give an example my country would have areas of 10,000 square miles without a murder ever. It's kinda stupid to bring it up though because my country has apx 1/15th the population of America with about 3/4 of the land mass and these areas in question are called deserts.

It's certainly not 1.5 per 100,000. The link I pulled up was from wiki which I used the 1.1 from 2014. Wiki stats aren't as up to date as local gov stats. But in the 2016-7 financial year there were 64 homicides in Scotland. Divide that by 54 (5.295 million pop) and you get 1.185 per 100,000.

The larger the pool group the larger the variance. Often outliers like the area you mentioned are removed from statistics because they skew the stats (kinda like diving or figure skating removing the lowest and highest scores before calculating the average)

To give an example my country would have areas of 10,000 square miles without a murder ever. It's kinda stupid to bring it up though because my country has apx 1/15th the population of America with about 3/4 of the land mass and these areas in question are called deserts.

I did note that the area that I had lived in was not a fair comparison but was in response to everywhere in the states was dangerous. An area with 70k people going 74 years without a murder is fairly safe no mater how you cut it.

Because London is a focal point for all of the progressive ideals that are pushed out of the Eu commission and rep'ed rather hard by Khan. It's also the location that has went the furthest down the rabbit hole with it's surveillance of UK citizens, represents the UK policy of no firearms in the minds of many and is at the forefront of the latest ban on all things potentially pointy and stabby.

Where is the grand utopia promised by Khan and his ilk's radical policies? Where is grand age of peace implied by 1984 - esque levels of speech censorship, surveillance and social justice policies? How is it protecting the adult citizens?, How is it protecting it's children? How is it fostering racial accord? How is it uplifting British ideals? How is it safeguarding the freedoms of its citizens?

If this isn't ironic then you sir are a retard, as are the posters who liked your post unironically.

Is this correct or fake news?

When you say anywhere in America are you sure that is correct?

UK murder rate: Highest in country held by Scottish police division ...
https://www.express.co.uk › News › UK
May 12, 2018 - A SCOTTISH police division had the highest murder rate in the UK last year, despite local politicians lavishing praise on the SNP's policing and ...

Vermont shows a lower number than I see in the information above. I once lived in a county that went 74 years withoiut a murder.
this is supposed to be evidence of Scotland being dangerous? 11 people were killed last year in renfrewshire. Most of them were probably in Paisley. Id still rather walk around anywhere in Scotland before walking around gun central

this is supposed to be evidence of Scotland being dangerous? 11 people were killed last year in renfrewshire. Most of them were probably in Paisley. Id still rather walk around anywhere in Scotland before walking around gun central

Perhaps but much of the USA is very safe and there are areas I am pretty sure rival the same level of safety you have there.

it says England and Wales..... which is not "the UK", its part of the UK.

So no, Im much safer in Scotland than in anywhere in America
I'm going to give you a hard time here, but that's a generalization and what exactly are you comparing? A small town in Massachusetts is probably safer than Glasgow at night.

Perhaps but much of the USA is very safe and there are areas I am pretty sure rival the same level of safety you have there.
thats fair.

I'm going to give you a hard time here, but that's a generalization and what exactly are you comparing? A small town in Massachusetts is probably safer than Glasgow at night.
aye but Scotland isnt defined by the actions of Glasgow..... because Glasgow is fucking mental lol

aye but Scotland isnt defined by the actions of Glasgow..... because Glasgow is fucking mental lol
Well yeah, that was kinda my point. For example, I'd say Belgium is generally safer than the USA. We have a much lower murder rate. But I feel a lot safer in Boston than in Brussels and the crime stats back up my feelings.

America has been the best in Olympics, sports, combat sports owning the world and being the most powerful for how long? Your swamp would be called Russia if it wasn't for us
Not even top 10 in olympic medals pr capita. Gold or total.

I don't think it is that cut and dry and it is hard to get consistency. When I looked up the 2017 murder rate in Scotland it was higher than Vermont. Guns may be a factor but it has to be much more than that. Vermont has some of the most free gun laws in the nation.

Hence the takeaway being to not compare crime stats between different countries. There are too many variables involved for the usual arguments that get bandied about on these subjects.

Back