ask me your questions

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
hi guys so i made a similar thread a while back and it had good responses. I am slowly getting back into training (personal setbacks) and am hoping to fight again this year and get back to making videos.........so if anyone has any questions they would like me to make a video response to let me know and I will be happy to do so.

Real question, how do you sleep the night before decently

It might be a water cutting thing, and I do cut alot for my standards (15lbs), but when I do , man I can't sleep. Literally even though I re-hydrated good and ate well, I find I can't sleep, and if I do its like 3h and its the next day

Real question, how do you sleep the night before decently

It might be a water cutting thing, and I do cut alot for my standards (15lbs), but when I do , man I can't sleep. Literally even though I re-hydrated good and ate well, I find I can't sleep, and if I do its like 3h and its the next day

so the only thing i can guess is that you may be nervous about the fight. or up all night thinking what if etc. Try not to dwell on the fight, dont think negatively, dont think what if he "punches" me, think what if i punch him, or better yet dont think about the fight at all, block it out of your mind. Rest, relax, take a warm bath, watch a movie. So much of fighting is mental, I had my own mental blocks that I had to work through, with no help from anyone. I feel that this would be a strong point for me when I begin coaching. I helped mentally prepare my friend for his 2nd fight after getting ko'd 6 seconds into his first fight, a very difficult thing to overcome. All the mental aspects is a different topic though, but im guessing thats the source of your lack of sleep. Cus D'amato and many other motivational and inspirational things helped me. my buddy ReemusBoxing is great when it comes to this type of stuff while im on the subject, and this video right here is everything that a fighter needs to be successful.

and heres my video reply, oh yeah, pedialytes and water!

so the only thing i can guess is that you may be nervous about the fight. or up all night thinking what if etc. Try not to dwell on the fight, dont think negatively, dont think what if he "punches" me, think what if i punch him, or better yet dont think about the fight at all, block it out of your mind. Rest, relax, take a warm bath, watch a movie. So much of fighting is mental, I had my own mental blocks that I had to work through, with no help from anyone. I feel that this would be a strong point for me when I begin coaching. I helped mentally prepare my friend for his 2nd fight after getting ko'd 6 seconds into his first fight, a very difficult thing to overcome. All the mental aspects is a different topic though, but im guessing thats the source of your lack of sleep. Cus D'amato and many other motivational and inspirational things helped me. my buddy ReemusBoxing is great when it comes to this type of stuff while im on the subject, and this video right here is everything that a fighter needs to be successful.

and heres my video reply, oh yeah, pedialytes and water!

Damn you actually made the video. Good stuff. Thanks

Damn you actually made the video. Good stuff. Thanks

as i was sitting here thinking just after i posted, i wanted to add a PS with a personal story as well.

Do not let anyone plant a negative seed in your brain, this means yourself, as well as the others around you. Anybody in your "circle" who doubts you, or says anything remotely negative in any way shape or form, cut them out of your life. I fought a guy from the yard for my like 3rd fight, obviously im not going to underestimate a guy coming from a good gym, but just cause he trains at that gym doesnt mean he cant be beat or I should fear him or anything like that. Well this guy at the gym says to me "oh your fighting a guy from the yard, you better watch out!!! i trained there before those guys are good/tuff!!". I am no longer friends with this guy because of that statement, its negativity, it really pissed me off before my fight, but i didnt let it get to my head, his statement almost did get into my head, but I wouldnt allow it, but he made an additional mental block for me to overcome, it was hard enough without his bullshit comment, then i had 1 more "problem" to compute in my head. just wanted to share that with you dude. Look at what Liam Harrison has to say about his mind coach Vinny Shoreman.

as i was sitting here thinking just after i posted, i wanted to add a PS with a personal story as well.

Do not let anyone plant a negative seed in your brain, this means yourself, as well as the others around you. Anybody in your "circle" who doubts you, or says anything remotely negative in any way shape or form, cut them out of your life. I fought a guy from the yard for my like 3rd fight, obviously im not going to underestimate a guy coming from a good gym, but just cause he trains at that gym doesnt mean he cant be beat or I should fear him or anything like that. Well this guy at the gym says to me "oh your fighting a guy from the yard, you better watch out!!! i trained there before those guys are good/tuff!!". I am no longer friends with this guy because of that statement, its negativity, it really pissed me off before my fight, but i didnt let it get to my head, his statement almost did get into my head, but I wouldnt allow it, but he made an additional mental block for me to overcome, it was hard enough without his bullshit comment, then i had 1 more "problem" to compute in my head. just wanted to share that with you dude. Look at what Liam Harrison has to say about his mind coach Vinny Shoreman.
I hear ya

Confidence is huge. When you get shut down by a better striker, they get more confident in their skills and press on while you just stay the same, which ends up being they're more active and will win.

Years back the team was set to compete at a local BJJ tourney, and a day before the event, one of the hobbyists posted a vid of guys getting their limbs snapped or slammed KO'd by douchebags, and the coach immediately removed it. Can't have peeps going into competition thinking that's going to happen and get timid.

I hear ya

Confidence is huge. When you get shut down by a better striker, they get more confident in their skills and press on while you just stay the same, which ends up being they're more active and will win.

Years back the team was set to compete at a local BJJ tourney, and a day before the event, one of the hobbyists posted a vid of guys getting their limbs snapped or slammed KO'd by douchebags, and the coach immediately removed it. Can't have peeps going into competition thinking that's going to happen and get timid.

exactly right dude, its like watching JAWS before going to the beach or watching bunjee cords snap when ppl bunjee jump

Do you often use any rhythm manipulation in your fights and do you have any favourite broken rhythm combinations?

Do you often use any rhythm manipulation in your fights and do you have any favourite broken rhythm combinations?

funny that you asked that as I have been meaning to make a video about muay thai rhythm, not broken rhythm, but just the rhythm of muay thai. But broken rhythm is something i need to practice myself, it can be quite simple to practice, take any combination you want, and try to make it into 3 rythyms. ill try to make a video tonight but for now, lets just take the 123 combo.......now 3 rythyms for it

1) 123
2) 1, 23
3) 12, 3

trying this seems to be the easiest way for me to practice broken rhythm.

What improves with age and what deteriorates when it comes to full contact ring fighting? For instance, do you find that your reflexes are worse now than when you were younger?

Stuff like that.

What are your favorite sp. vs orthodox tricks? Not general strategy or “rules”, but fun little one-off techniques that you use when fighting a southpaw

hi guys so i made a similar thread a while back and it had good responses. I am slowly getting back into training (personal setbacks) and am hoping to fight again this year and get back to making videos.........so if anyone has any questions they would like me to make a video response to let me know and I will be happy to do so.

Do you got anything for footwork? Mine is trash.

What are your favorite sp. vs orthodox tricks? Not general strategy or “rules”, but fun little one-off techniques that you use when fighting a southpaw

great question, i can definitely make a video for this one. getting lots of great responses, looks like i got some work to do!

Back