Asked a friend via text if he'd been to Top Golf, immediately getting ads for Top Golf on Youtube

I bet a lot of sherdoggers are seeing auto parts ads because of all the tranny searches.

Happens on facebook as well. There's video where someone made calls just talking about cat food and within 24 hours a cat food ad appeared on their facebook feed.

Your service provider is pimpin you out every chance they get.

I've mentioned this in another thread: recently I was hanging out with a couple of friends at my place. My best friend's wife starts talking about "John Wick" movie. A smartphone that I use only for business mails is on the table (I got no social networks, never watch Youtube on that phone, nothing). Later that day, I sit in front of my PC and my Youtube recommendations are filled with trailers and Kianu Reeves interviews about "John Wick". Skynet is real.

yeah most likely all apps share search history/keywords. I was looking at this article in FB which actually was more of a sponsored ad about a watch company low and behold my ads in youtube become ads about the same watch maker. The weird thing is I was using fb app on my phone, later when I get to work my work laptops firefox browser has the ads of said watch company as banner ads on my laptop.

This is why I only communicate to others through a series of tin cans attached to strings.
It's how I "typed" this post up just now.
Clever
I prefer to use smoke signals.

Yep, it happens. Everything you search on your phone can be linked to your laptop etc.

right now these tech devices are mostly just used to try to sell you shit. Fitbit and other health devices that are counting your steps for you can easily track where you've been.

Before long they'll be listening and seeing everything you do and say.

I was looking at some shoes on Amazon on my home computer and went to work the next day only to find an ad for those same shoes when I was checking our reddit (on a work computer). I didn't even log into reddit. I was just browsing but that search from Amazon followed me to work.

I hope my flip phone isn't spying on me...

Your phone keeps and inventory of the words you write so that the dictionary knows what to suggest for autocorrect. Being that YouTube is actual software on your phone, and not just a website you visit, it would not surprise me if the application has access to that inventory and uses it to suggest ads.
It does.
Political, electronics, etc
Lately no matter what I'm trying to watch, the image on the video is always a JJ practice dummy ad.

I play wow.. got a couple people in discord who talk/Play runescape all the time.. I now get runescape adds alot

This is why I only communicate to others through a series of tin cans attached to strings.
It's how I "typed" this post up just now.
490XK7x.gif

right now these tech devices are mostly just used to try to sell you shit. Fitbit and other health devices that are counting your steps for you can easily track where you've been.

Before long they'll be listening and seeing everything you do and say.

I was looking at some shoes on Amazon on my home computer and went to work the next day only to find an ad for those same shoes when I was checking our reddit (on a work computer). I didn't even log into reddit. I was just browsing but that search from Amazon followed me to work.

I hope my flip phone isn't spying on me...
If you were logged into Google on both computers, that could be it. It is some crazy shit, but been happening a while now.

@IloveTHIS here you go buds. I did a nifty job underlining it in red for you.

BAD3CE23-58BD-4388-9C27-6D6FEB7129D9.jpeg

Two nights ago I looked up a very specific supplement. Logged in to fbook afterwards and walla. The sponsored add was for exactly what I just googled previously.
It's bullshit, but I notice shit like this too. The other day I was cruising E-Bay looking at phones and skiing gear. Then I go on Facebook and the sponsored ads are the same model of phone and skis I was looking at. This was on my PC though. I don't do facebook on my phone. I have the sherdog app, but other than that I don't do any social media on my phone.

Almost all the ads you see are from Google. It doesn't matter whether you are on a phone or PC, they will track and target your interests unless you turn off cookies.

How do people not know what cookies do in 2018?

Although it's obvious that they are doing this, is it even legal for them to do so?

Almost all the ads you see are from Google. It doesn't matter whether you are on a phone or PC, they will track and target your interests unless you turn off cookies.

How do people not know what cookies do in 2018?
I know about cookies dude. They make you fat if you consume too many.

Back