Askren in the Octagon

UhHuhSure

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It was cool to see Askren in Woodley's corner. He should be in the UFC and they need strong WW with personality. Also, his contribution to Woodley's camp is one of the reasons T-Wood shut down any grappling. 0/23 TD incredible.

Askren looked old as fuck, I was actually pretty shocked.

Tbh, he's 33. He doesn't really have much of a future in the UFC even they did sign him

unfortunately, that was the only time he will ever step into an octagon

Askren looked old as fuck, I was actually pretty shocked.

Tbh, he's 33. He doesn't really have much of a future in the UFC even they did sign him

Lol yeah dude being in your prime is totally the wrong time to make a UFC run

Lol yeah dude being in your prime is totally the wrong time to make a UFC run
Bad time to start your run, and 33 is past prime. 33 is usually the tail-end of your career, 1-2 years before you're forced out after a string of KOs

I'd like to see Askren vs Maia. Or Askren vs Shields. Or Askren vs anybody other than the cab drivers he's been fighting.

He could make a title run, but more realistically; like any fighter, give him a contract and some fights. If his career fizzles out then cut him like they do everyone else.

Fans expect every fighter to be some unstoppable freak these days instead of appreciating talent.

SMH

Have you forgotten how boring askren's fights were? We don't need more boring defensive, lay and pray fights.

Bad time to start your run, and 33 is past prime. 33 is usually the tail-end of your career, 1-2 years before you're forced out after a string of KOs
Askren doesn't take a ton of damage though. while 33 isn't usually a great time to make a run for the championship, others have done it and someone who's not taken a high amount of punches to the face could still have a pretty good career.

Askren doesn't take a ton of damage though. while 33 isn't usually a great time to make a run for the championship, others have done it and someone who's not taken a high amount of punches to the face could still have a pretty good career.
Anything's possible. But he should have made the move 4-5 years ago if he really wanted to have a serious chance of having the great legacy that he could have left behind

A reward from ONE.

WAR ASKREN.

20376190_1942103785816851_4953009251423664295_n.jpg

Anything's possible. But he should have made the move 4-5 years ago if he really wanted to have a serious chance of having the great legacy that he could have left behind
Yeah him and Cyborg. They tried. We can thank Dana for that.

i agree 100%, but at the time Dana White and co weren't looking for another "boring" wrestler (FYI i don't think he is boring). And, iirc, Askren talked a lot of crap about Dana and the UFC essentially black listing himself. Kind of sad because he would have been a great matchup against GSP, Diaz, Condit, Lawler, and others, around the same age as him.

God you're probably a lot of fun to chill with

I personally think Askren is highly overrated but I would still like to see him in the octagon.

The UFC could always use some talent and he is undefeated, so if he does get a couple good wins he could probably get some hype behind him. I do believe the top 5 destroy him though, but you never know.

I personally think Askren is highly overrated but I would still like to see him in the octagon.

The UFC could always use some talent and he is undefeated, so if he does get a couple good wins he could probably get some hype behind him. I do believe the top 5 destroy him though, but you never know.
UFC's WW needs contenders. They are losing ground to Bellator.

Back