Askren thinks he can beat Khabib "50-44"

Askren gonna outwrestle Khabibi.

He has the best wrestling in MMA.

What's Askren's deal? He beat Lima and Koreshkov and thinks he's one of the best fighters in the world, yet has never fought in the UFC. Just puzzling. You'd think the competitor in him would want to join the organization ASAP.
Askren has said so much shit about Dana, that he will never be accepted into the UFC. A shame, really, because he's one of the best grapplers in MMA, easily on Khabib's level.

Fight will never happen, speaking on twitter is easy.
I will definitely win against Floyd Mayweather, never lost to a pro boxer.

Considering Dana recently stated he would consider bringing Askren in once his contract is sorted out, we could see Askren vs. GSP or Khabib in the near future.

For the record, I think given his size, strength and wrestling, he would smother Khabib. However GSP would be too much.

Askren would maul Khabib with ease. Khabib is good, but he's never grappled with anyone on Aksren's level.

what is it about bigger fighters wanting to fight smaller now?

Askren has one top 15 win. I'd just like to see how he'd do against a top ten first.

it would be a fantastic match. i could see both guys winning rounds. would be a very close fight.

khabibs striking, not great, is far better than askrens...and his ground and pound is alot better...I'd pick khabib...plus, askren is unproven..he's never beaten a top ranked guy in his life...

Feed Askren to Demian Maia

Good idea, nice win for Askren.

How well has Maia done against wrestlers again?

Usman...
Covington...
Woodley...
Shields...
Weidman...
Rory... (has a solid wrestling base)
Munoz..

He has the perfect style to beat Khabib

No, not really. Khabib can counter-wrestle like no one Askren has seen in MMA, and he can strike. That's bad news for a guy who gassed and looked to be in a spot of trouble in the final round of his fight vs Aleksakhin.

Askren walks around at 183. He's not even as big as Khabib. He is, however, a damn good wrestler. It's possible he beats Khabib. We'll probably never find out.

Chandler too, but one is retired and neither is fighting in the UFC anytime soon, i would like to see both fights, but its not going to happen, at least with Askren who seems to be on the wrong side with Dana.

"Undefeated against russians" sounds silly in regards to Khabib. Askren fought 2 one dimensional strikers which were a very comfortable match up for him. Actually almost all of his wins were against pure strikers with bad TDD. When he fought Jay Hieron who was the only opponent with a wrestling base he struggled and barely edged a split decision. Khabib beats him without any problems, their wrestling would cancel each other out and on the feet Khabib is better. Asken's striking is just awful, even Jake Shields' stand up is better.
While Askren struggled with an old washed up Herion, a Young inexperienced GSP absolute murdered the Prime Herion.

The skill gap is massive.

But Askren last fought at 85, why is he calling out 55’ers and asking them to come up weight?

Cut to thier weight like TJ wanted to do and like GSP is saying he would do or shut the fuck up asking fighters to come up weight to fight them.

Go up yourself, don’t ask lower weight fighters to come up to you.

Go down to them, go up to them, but don’t ask people to come up to you.

Cold, hard facts:

1. This is the match that needs to happen.

2. This match will never happen.

Need to add some baby oil to that contest to make it worth watching

Back