Askren thinks he can beat Khabib "50-44"

Askren walks around at 183. He's not even as big as Khabib. He is, however, a damn good wrestler. It's possible he beats Khabib. We'll probably never find out.

If he walk around weight is 183, how has he been fighting at MW in his last several fights?

Woodley walks around north of 200 pounds. Does askren look that much smaller??

5txDS7N.jpg

Askren stay talking about ufc fighter on twittee but dodged the ufc his whole career. Hes a bum

That wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. Ben Askren would probably smash Khabib.
Askren is a beast, he would Maul Khabib, weight aside 165 is perfect for that calss, he would beat Woodley also, would grind him out and take over after round 2, these sherdog, nut hugging Jones loving, PED using Fans who idolize Dope Heads like Jones, Silva, etc are morons speaking about Askren the way they do.

Ben Askren would hape Khabib in pure wrestling.
Why would I have to think it would be different in MMA, I don't think so.
Even if they were the same size, I think Askren would win. And they aren't. So.

Of course, of course... For someone who was ragdolled by a complete unknown "Luis Sapo" and forced a NC by a devious intentional eyepoke - commonly known as "I don't want to lose this way", in this particular case -, I think it is impossible. Would die if happens. Khabib wins easily, UFC is another level, almost no chickens to tear like the events he is accustomed.

Good idea, nice win for Askren.

How well has Maia done against wrestlers again?

Usman...
Covington...
Woodley...
Shields...
Weidman...
Rory... (has a solid wrestling base)
Munoz..

Wrestling is all Askren has. He would get merked against Maia. Would look a lot like the Jon Fitch fight

Last edited:
There is a reason Khabib has seizures and goes to the hospital trying to make LW.

Khabib would probably just out strike Askren.

MMA world cup - champions from every organization fight in a tournament every 4 years

Asleep could definitely win that fight don't see how anyone could count him out

Askren is a legitimate world class grappler, so ... maybe?

Askren stay talking about ufc fighter on twittee but dodged the ufc his whole career. Hes a bum

I think there's more to the story than that. You can't blame Ben for taking the better money option, and also Dana has been very disrespectful to him in the past. Also, I am predicting we'll hear news in the not too distant future of him fighting in the UFC.

Wrestling is all Askren has. He would get merked against Maia. Would look a lot like the Jon Fitch fight

Hmm and what does Usman have again? Or Covington for that matter? Or Shields?

Maia does not do well against high level wrestlers. Most of his losses are against high level wrestlers.

If he walk around weight is 183, how has he been fighting at MW in his last several fights?

Woodley walks around north of 200 pounds. Does askren look that much smaller??

5txDS7N.jpg
Askren is a bit confusing with his dad bod. I swear he seems bigger than Khabib without any side by side comparisons but according to wiki they are the same height. The fact that he was able to fight at ONE's weight limits further adds confusion. He definitely walks around higher than 183 or whatever was posted earlier.

Hmm and what does Usman have again? Or Covington for that matter? Or Shields?

Maia does not do well against high level wrestlers. Most of his losses are against high level wrestlers.

Shields was in deep shit during their fight, so was Rory. Thing is, both of those have solid standup, especially Rory. They survived and got the decision. Strong TDD and adequate standup is a recipe for beating Maia. Well Askren is lacking HARD in standup.

Askren spams takedowns and prefers to control his opponent on the ground. Well that's a terrible plan against Maia. Askren's standup is even worse than Covington's, so he'd get outstriked even by Maia.

Shields was in deep shit during their fight, so was Rory. Thing is, both of those have solid standup, especially Rory. They survived and got the decision. Strong TDD and adequate standup is a recipe for beating Maia. Well Askren is lacking HARD in standup.

Askren spams takedowns and prefers to control his opponent on the ground. Well that's a terrible plan against Maia. Askren's standup is even worse than Covington's, so he'd get outstriked even by Maia.

Maybe a few years ago I would agree with you.

Last I checked Maia is going to be 41 in a couple of weeks. His cardio has been fading and watching him try to box against a guy like Covington who has barely serviceable standup was hard to watch.

Back