Askren thinks he can beat Khabib "50-44"

Myself, Chandler, Askren, who else beats Khabib?

I dont think I can beat him bro. I feel as soon as I take him down and grind him out for a few rounds I will tire out and he may submit me or KO me in the 4 or 5 round once I am too tired to take him down again. I still give myself a shot if I improve my conditioning though and grind him out for 5 rounds.

Pfffft!

There is a lot of politics behind Askren not being in the UFC

Have you seen him fight? I dont think politics has much to do with it. And save me the 'he's undefeated', lets not even go there.

Askren is bigger and pretty dam strong. His funk style wrestling/bjj is about as unorthodox as Khabib's sambo/grappling and very similar in MMA.

I had the watermelons drawing this round, remember we have to factor them being inanimate limbless fruits, anyways this was 8/10 for an Askren fight.

What's Askren's deal? He beat Lima and Koreshkov and thinks he's one of the best fighters in the world, yet has never fought in the UFC. Just puzzling. You'd think the competitor in him would want to join the organization ASAP.

His agent contacted UFC when Ben's Bellator contract was up and the UFC wouldn't even offer Been a 5k/5k contract because Dana hates him.

"Undefeated against russians" sounds silly in regards to Khabib. Askren fought 2 one dimensional strikers which were a very comfortable match up for him. Actually almost all of his wins were against pure strikers with bad TDD. When he fought Jay Hieron who was the only opponent with a wrestling base he struggled and barely edged a split decision. Khabib beats him without any problems, their wrestling would cancel each other out and on the feet Khabib is better. Asken's striking is just awful, even Jake Shields' stand up is better.

Ryan Thomas waa a D1 wrestler and Askren handled him twice. Heiron is also a far better wrestler than anyone Khabib has faced.

Khabib has yet to face a really good wrestler, much less an Olympian who is arguably the best folkstyle wrestler ever.

Askren probably finishes him tbh.

This guy sure like to talk alot.

Still have not seen him once inside the octagon..
To be fair Dana f'd him over. He always said he wanted him there and if what Askren said is true they offered him a deal then when it came to sign they wanted him to go into one of their little promotions to "earn" his shot despite being dominant over tough fighters for years.

Ryan Thomas waa a D1 wrestler and Askren handled him twice. Heiron is also a far better wrestler than anyone Khabib has faced.

Khabib has yet to face a really good wrestler, much less an Olympian who is arguably the best folkstyle wrestler ever.

Askren probably finishes him tbh.
I remember when he was in Bellator and man handled Koreshkov and Lima I thought "Wow Bellator is ass and has no great fighters. This guy is crushing cans. " Now looking back it's amazing what he was able to do. Especially after the fight Lima had with Rory it really showed that Bellator has top talent. I wish more people would demand Askren to be signed.

Have you seen him fight? I dont think politics has much to do with it. And save me the 'he's undefeated', lets not even go there.

Calm down it's politics! Let's not pretend the UFC has signed a lot of people that have way less credentials than him

That fight would be very interesting to see, Askren is a world class wrestler and super at control. Fight could be really boring to many fans, but for me I would be interested watching how it went.

Askren is scared to even fight in the UFC. He might as well be talking about beating Kobe 1 on 1 in basketball.

Would be a great fight unfortunately doesn't appeal to the casual Conor fanbase.

Askren is scared to even fight in the UFC. He might as well be talking about beating Kobe 1 on 1 in basketball.

Clueless ... how have you been s member here so long and have zero knowledge?

Khabib is much more skilled when it comes to Jiu-Jitsu, also khabib is a black belt in judo, and also much better at controlling in top game, Askren said himself that he believes khabib had lots of training in Russian folk style wrestling which is more about controling also a Judo Black belt has much more control then a BJJ guy and askren is only a brown belt. I do think Askren could take khabib down but khabib could sub him off the guard and Askren would have hard time keeping him on the ground, also khabib is a better striker than Askren, I believe khabib is much more complete and would smash him

Back