askren vs colby ufc

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how do you guys see this outcome?

i love colbys style but i think hes a bit to small for ben he is a smaller ww as it is colbys a great wrestler but i think ben has his number unless ben is very rusty in his comeback

Ben's a small ww too. I think it's a perfect match up for askren. Both guys are one trick ponies imo. Very good at it but I think both rely on wrestling and askren is likely the better of the 2. In a perfect world I hope cc bests tw and then ba beats him

Colby is a lot better on the feet than people give him credit for; he proved that in the RDA fight.

They are both sloppy strikers but Colby can brawl and won’t get outworked by askren. Dude has mad cardio

Having Askren hit Colby 400 times while poking fun at him mid fight would be super great.

Wrestlers can be boring, but wrestler vs wrestler can turn into very fun fights

I don't know how colby will react with Askren on him, Ben will have an advantage because takedowns and top position will be won on scrambles not clear takedowns.

i dont think colbys a
Ben's a small ww too. I think it's a perfect match up for askren. Both guys are one trick ponies imo. Very good at it but I think both rely on wrestling and askren is likely the better of the 2. In a perfect world I hope cc bests tw and then ba beats him
1 trick pony he has decent striking especialyyy compared t ben hes a k1 kick boxer in comparison

Its actually a pretty compelling match up. I can see Colby busting him up over the course of a 5 round fight with his pace and volume striking. I can see him wearing on Ben against the cage. I can also see Ben taking Colby down and winning by UD, sub, or GnP. If I had to make a prediction id go for Colby.

i look forward to seeing how colby deals with askrens insane scrambling ability to stay on top i dont think colby is near as good as scrambling on the ground and getting on top i think whoever wins it will come into the late rounds after one has gassed i find the later it goes colbys gonna win with the striking as askren gets desperate for a takedown or ben wins early by staying heavy on top with gnp or a arm triangle

i dont think colbys a

1 trick pony he has decent striking especialyyy compared t ben hes a k1 kick boxer in comparison

Compared to askren I can agree with that lol. Against anyone else he's striking is pretty bad. He's kinda like khabib where he can throw big moving forward that backs em up to set up a TD. Throwing to do damage though, not at lol

that isnt true watch him vs rda he has a pretty good hook he has a good straight right as well he uses his striking to set up his takedowns so he has to lundge forward a lot watch him spar in the gym on youtube youll see

I think Covington is somewhat of a bad matchup for Askren. It will be the first legit wrestler than Askren would have faces in MMA and he can strike.

I think Covington is somewhat of a bad matchup for Askren. It will be the first legit wrestler than Askren would have faces in MMA and he can strike.
Colby would probably be the best wrestler Ben has faced and definitely the most credentialed by far, but Ben has faced good wrestlers before. Both Jay Hieron and Ryan Thomas wrestled Division I. And Hieron in particular was expected to really make some noise until he got busted with weed and kicked off the team. And Karl Amoussou is a judo blackbelt with solid wrestling/TDs. And then you gotta look at Luis Santos who honestly tossed Ben around quite a few times in their short fight. But like I said, Colby has some really great wrestling items on his resume.

Back