Askren vs Rory in bellator ?

Dude that would be sick. I think Rory is one of the few fighters at 170 who could keep it on the feet with Askren.

But this thread probably doesn't belong in the UFC section

I was about to say Rory may be the worst matchup for Askren. But then remembered round 1 of Rory vs Maia. This fight may actually be interesting. Askren won’t gas like Maia.

Many aren't impressed with Rory after his last fight but I think it would be quite competitive.

if there is a chance for askren to fight legit competition, it's probably not happening then

Askren (on Twitter): You think you could go the distance? I think I finish@you in round 3, the fight looks similar to what Condit did to you in round 3

MacDonald: i disagree

THis would be a competitive fight. Would watch for sure.

Would watch definitely. Both are top WWs in the world, askren a little more unproven than Rory but just from watching him you can see the skill is there to dominate top guys

Think I’d pick Rory by decision.

For someone who retired he sure does talk a lot on twitter

I would love to see this fight, I'm sure if Askren is serious about wanting to fight a deal can easily be done, Coker seems pretty good about dealing with fighters. In the mean time though I want to see Rory defend his belt against Koreshkov, a fight I've wanted to see for a long time now.

I was about to say Rory may be the worst matchup for Askren. But then remembered round 1 of Rory vs Maia. This fight may actually be interesting. Askren won’t gas like Maia.

Yeah Rory's takedown defense is actually not that great. He just rarely faces wrestlers.

Askren would put a wrestling clinic on Rory. Funky 50-45.

Rory should eventually make his way back to the UFC, I think it was ridiculous to not re-sign a guy who was included in a "fight of the year" showing between him and Lawler. All of his recent losses were against top talent as well.

I always wonder why he never seems to stick with his nicknames either, dude has had like 5 different nicknames.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/rory-macdonald-ben-askren-tweet-about-bellator-fight-how-possible
Both want to the fight.
make it happen Dana. Oupd I mean make it happen Scott
Rory picks him apart easy. he's too complete for Askren. Askren has piss poor standup, but he does make up for it with his wrestling when he gets a hold of you.

I've got Rory by TKO. He has been battled tested at the top of the sport and holds a victory over the current UFC WW champ, a fight in which he took Askren's training partner Woodley to school and back. I really hope this fight is made, I just want people to finally realize how overrated Askren really is (great wrestler, but that's it.)

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the people choosing Rory have actually WATCHED Askrens fights. More so curious for those who seem to believe Rory "smashes" Askren or that it's an easy fight for him.

Back