ASOIAF Winds of Winter Unlikely to be released in 2018, GRRM wants to release Targaryen book first

As much as I'd like the dude to finish the book ASAP, I don't blame him for chilling out. You work that long to make it, why the fuck wouldn't you wanna sit around, watch football and have a bunch of beers rather than write.

Boo hoo, seven (or so...) years between books. Try over 20 years. Then I'll be sympathetic...

It's hilarious how GOT gets near universal live yet GRRM gets a lot of hate for taking his time. He didn't know his work was going to be a TV show when he started it.

Except GRRM knew as early as 2007 the show was going to get made. He can do whatever the hell he wants but he's been stringing people along for years by reading unpublished chapters at conventions, blog updates about "progress" and probably wasting a lot of time (he's certainly entitled to that at that age!).

I wish he'd come out and say, "Look, my dudes, I just don't have enough creative juices left to get this thing done in a satisfactory way and the overall plot structure is a goddamn mess but you already knew that. Sorry." and that'd be fine. He banged out the first three books because he had to listen to his editors and worry about deadlines which he most certainly does not have to do after the success of the show and presumably massive spike in book sales.

I'm just happy we'll get something of an ending even if it's not the ending. There's so many other books to read, I really don't need this series at all once the show wraps things up.

I'm also going to blame that redheaded hag Linda and her derpy husband for stalling him with these stupid encyclopedias someone else could have easily ghostwritten.

i don't know how true this is,but george apparently wants joe abercrombie to finish the series if he dies.

Fuck GRRM. Does this sloppy fat bastard not realize book fans don’t give a tiny rats ass about supplementary “history” to a story he will never finish. Hope the piece of shit dies tomorrow.

Fuck him and these books. Am happy with the HBO show and lots of other just as good if not better fantasy: Kingkiller, The First Law and so on.

Lol @ all the fat fucks mad at the fat fuck for not releasing more of his mediocre books so they can sit on their fat fuck asses and circle jerk over a mediocre show
The show is done in 6 more episodes regardless of the status of the book series, big dummy.

I don't know why people feel they are entitled to book 7. When you purchase a book you are exchanging your money for that book. It is not a contractual obligation that the author will continue to write more books for your consumption.
I understand it's disappointing but it's ridiculous to actual spit vitriol and wish physical harm on another person over this is ridiculous. You need to check your perspective. Presumably you got some enjoyment out of the time and money you spent on this series, isn't that enough? Just move on with your lives.

No surprise there. He might finish the manin books before he dies. He might not.
That’s honestly a very optimistic outlook. I’m not even convinced we will get Winds of Winter, let alone A Dream of Spring.

i don't know how true this is,but george apparently wants joe abercrombie to finish the series if he dies.

I don't think that's true at all. If he dies, the series dies and he doesn't want anyone else to finish it.

Fuck him and these books. Am happy with the HBO show and lots of other just as good if not better fantasy: Kingkiller, The First Law and so on.

Oh, you sweet summer child. How's book three of the Kingkiller trilogy? I really liked The First Law book and should get on with reading the rest. Ol' Logan Ninefingers is a pretty cool character and I like Glotka as well.

fuck the kingkiller chronicles as well,they're absolute dog shit,and boring as hell.

The fat fuck is going to die in 39 days. His plan is to die with everything unfinished to troll all of us fans.

Goodnight sweet prince, you will be missed. To bad you hate an salds.

Fuck GRRM. Does this sloppy fat bastard not realize book fans don’t give a tiny rats ass about supplementary “history” to a story he will never finish. Hope the piece of shit dies tomorrow.

You know he's not writing these companion books though, that's just licensing money for him. And, with a year between seasons of the show, fans are gonna eat this crap up. In a few years when the spinoffs have all died on the vine and the tv money stops coming in, then he'll have a sequel released, and he'll put some bombshell change into it to guarantee people buy it.

I don't know why people feel they are entitled to book 7. When you purchase a book you are exchanging your money for that book. It is not a contractual obligation that the author will continue to write more books for your consumption.
I understand it's disappointing but it's ridiculous to actual spit vitriol and wish physical harm on another person over this is ridiculous. You need to check your perspective. Presumably you got some enjoyment out of the time and money you spent on this series, isn't that enough? Just move on with your lives.
That shit was a logical outlook when he was bullshiting on A Dance With Dragons, even when he was giving the runaround last year (and the year before that). He has been dishonest and irresponsible about the whole thing. If he were anything other than a writer he would have been shitcanned a dozen times over for his poor work ethic and lack of reliability. I never had any true vitriol towards him until this news, but he has now proven himself dishonest. All other projects were supposedly on the back burner. When he claims everything is taking a backseat to Winds of Winter, then proceeds to obsess over Wildcards for the next six months... that’s mildly frustrating. When he claims all other projects take a backseat and then proceeds to actually release a (two volume!) Targaryen history book instead of the new book we have been waiting on for a fucking decade... yeah, I’ll reserve the right to call him a fat, lazy, lying piece of shit.

That shit was a logical outlook when he was bullshiting on A Dance With Dragons, even when he was giving the runaround last year (and the year before that). He has been dishonest and irresponsible about the whole thing. If he were anything other than a writer he would have been shitcanned a dozen times over for his poor work ethic and lack of reliability. I never had any true vitriol towards him until this news, but he has now proven himself dishonest. All other projects were supposedly on the back burner. When he claims everything is taking a backseat to Winds of Winter, then proceeds to obsess over Wildcards for the next six months... that’s mildly frustrating. When he claims all other projects take a backseat and then proceeds to actually release a (two volume!) Targaryen history book instead of the new book we have been waiting on for a fucking decade... yeah, I’ll reserve the right to call him a fat, lazy, lying piece of shit.

Maybe he just can't make the story work anymore, sometimes you just run out of ideas. It's not like he's framing a wall and just has to keep putting nails in 2x4s, creative work is different. If he just pumped out some shitty ending everyone would roast him for that instead. Maybe he's trying really hard but he just can't get it right and he feels really bad about it and you guys still keep calling him names.

I don't think that's true at all. If he dies, the series dies and he doesn't want anyone else to finish it.

Oh, you sweet summer child. How's book three of the Kingkiller trilogy? I really liked The First Law book and should get on with reading the rest. Ol' Logan Ninefingers is a pretty cool character and I like Glotka as well.

lol I was so triggered when the king killer author put out that stupid ass fucking short story about that chick who lives in the sewers or whatever. I have 4 mazalan books to finish too!

Did I read something that there are more 1st Law books out, but only in German or something?

People in America are entitled as hell. Writers, fighters, actors everybody owes them something. Screw people of that ilk.

Back