Assassins Creed Origins - combat mechanics

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am very surprised how good the combat is in new AC.

It almost feels like Dark Souls mechanics although they could add proper roll instead of that silly dodge, that would be better.

Is this game any good? Fell off after Black Flag. Really enjoyed the RPG elements of AC2 and Brotherhood.

Really don’t like the combat compared to previous games and SoW. Sees both too fake and too Dark Souls which sucks dick IMO. Dude should be running around assassinating and not getting engaged in roll and dodge contests.

Last edited:
I am very surprised how good the combat is in new AC.

It almost feels like Dark Souls mechanics although they could add proper roll instead of that silly dodge, that would be better.
having a proper roll would be nice the dodge doesn't jet you out of the hit box of the longer weapons.

Is this game any good? Fell off after Black Flag. Really enjoyed the RPG elements of AC2 and Brotherhood.

It is without a doubt fhe best game released this year and the best AC game ever released, Black Flag being 2nd best.

The graphics are incredible but the landscape is what makes it breathtaking. Compare it to GTA V if that helps.

The combat is fun enough but it takes a backseat to the exploration. This AC game actually makes you want to explore like it was a Zelda game.

The only game I think that can top it is the next Metro game, but it isn't coming out this year so AC Origins all the way. So fuckin immersive.

I highly recommend playing with the HUD off.

It is without a doubt fhe best game released this year and the best AC game ever released, Black Flag being 2nd best.

The graphics are incredible but the landscape is what makes it breathtaking. Compare it to GTA V if that helps.

The combat is fun enough but it takes a backseat to the exploration. This AC game actually makes you want to explore like it was a Zelda game.

The only game I think that can top it is the next Metro game, but it isn't coming out this year so AC Origins all the way. So fuckin immersive.

I highly recommend playing with the HUD off.

Nah, SoW is better. Horizon Dawn is better. Yakuza 0 is better.

SoW might be tied with it due to the combat, vengeance MP, and the nemesis system but in terms of stuff to do AC takes it. HD seems like a damn Farcry ripoff with a shit story and Yakuza 0 is the same as any other Yakuza game if you played one you've played them all.

SoW might be tied with it due to the combat, vengeance MP, and the nemesis system but in terms of stuff to do AC takes it. HD seems like a damn Farcry ripoff with a shit story and Yakuza 0 is the same as any other Yakuza game if you played one you've played them all.

Well any Yakuza game is better than any AC game apart from maybe AC 2 and AC 2.5.

You don't have iframes on your dodge so that's where I feel most people are screwing up and calling the combat janky. The parry window is incredibly forgiving and you do a ton of damage if you follow up with a heavy attack. You can also charge up your heavy and still move around which is a nice touch. Get to the back of the heavy grunt enemies and go to work. You do crit damage more often I believe.

You also have other tools, lots of tools actually. You can switch from melee to bow almost instantly. Firebombs, poison darts, sleep darts, etc. Tame an animal and use it as a distraction.

The lock-on could use some tightening up and the camera can screw things up for you in a crowded room but that's been a problem for just about every third person melee game ever.

SoW and HZD can't even sniff AC:O's embalming fluid drenched loin cloth. And I love SoW for the Nemesis system but the actual world design, dialogue, and main story missions are dogshit.

HZD gets that console exclusive bump of love from everyone, just like Uncharted games (dreadful gunplay outside of Uncharted 2's multiplayer until they fucked it up), despite it copying nearly everything from every open world game and not doing anything better besides the robodinos being somewhat interesting. The writing is horrible and the quests are very, very uninspired. Yakuza games rule though.

Assassin's Creed is my favorite game and when I saw the origin part its really awesome game.

I reckon it fell off after any and all expansions after AC2.....each game I played got worse and worse. AC3 killed the combat, so it would be interesting to check this new one out since you say it's DS like, BUT! the god awful bugfest that was AC Unity........I don't know.

I bought this game thinking I can save at any point I want but it isn't a feature here. That's sort of how I have fun with the game - save and do stupid shit.

I bought this game thinking I can save at any point I want but it isn't a feature here. That's sort of how I have fun with the game - save and do stupid shit.

What's the issue? Just do stupid shit. At worst you'll die and go back in time. Anyway its not like GTA, you don't get to rampage.

Almost 100% completed it but its boring compared to Shadow of War.

The story is nonexistent. SoW - has a shitty base story as well BUT the Nemesis system creates your own story. Getting ambushed by traitors and dudes you 'betrayed' (didn't save in time) is just one cool part of the game.

It's a game with sloppy gameplay a decent story and an amazing open world.

I just reinstalled because I saw they released two DLCs since I last played I forgot how big the world was in this game.

Back