Asura: China's most expensive film ever ($110 million) flops at the box-office, gets pulled

"brothers"
matrix2.jpg
When truth or dare goes to far.

Yeah, you know a bunch of guys got shitcanned for doing what some clueless producer told them.

Kind of weird to pull it from theatres with the hopes of re-releasing an improved cut, though (especially not years later) Has this ever been done with a Western film?
seems like china doesn't know how to run a movie studio.

good. dont forget what they did to us at Pearl Harbor

Yea that interests me more than the film
If this actually works and the movie becomes a hit I wonder how long it will be until we see it happen here, probably with a smaller studio first and then the major studios will catch on and eventually it will be like video game studios that release betas and broken games that will be patched later and we'll all live happily ever after in a world full of half finished movies that we pay for 4 different times
It worked great for video games. They just release everything in beta now

Too bad it flopped. It would have been cool to see something as textured as the Curse of the Golden Flower with some fantastical elements.

Maybe I'll give it a try anyway. It may very be slept on the way Golden Compass was.

looks like i woulda liked it if i saw it as a teen

China should stop trying to ape the West. They should promote their own style. Knocking off Western widgets works because people only care about the cost of the widget and whether it looks like it will work. This knockoff strategy works far less effectively with movies.

Fuck that.. check out this movie genius

Theyre like 3M, they may not have invented it, but they made it better

No man

Give us a 150 million dollar bollywood movie

It will set universal box office record

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Asura is the most expensive Chinese film ever made. It cost $110 million. It has been a massive flop, pulling in only $7.1 million. The production company has pulled the film from cinemas due to its poor showing. They state they are going to rework it and re-release it.

Asura is a fantasy epic, burrowing from Buddhist mythology.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/16/chinas-first-100-million-film-pulled-from-cinemas-amidst-horrendous-box-office-debut.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+foxnews/entertainment+(Internal+-+Entertainment+-+Mixed)

Trailer below. Some of the CGI (specifically in the desert scene) looks off.

It's like a Power Rangers, Game of Thores, Neverending Story orgy

Looks horrible. Waste of $100M

Too bad it flopped. It would have been cool to see something as textured as the Curse of the Golden Flower with some fantastical elements.

Maybe I'll give it a try anyway. It may very be slept on the way Golden Compass was.

Your joking right? Golden compass was terrible and i love fantasy.

That looks like a parody of Marvel heroes. Like Spaceballs is to Star Wars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back