At least 85 killed in truck bombing at Somali hotel

clmetal

Iced Earth
@Gold
Reaction score
I read about this yesterday (when the death count was 30 plus). Interesting how i haven't seen this on tv yet

A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu has killed at least 85 people, officials say.

Dozens more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.

Police say two people were killed in a second bomb attack in the Madina district of the city.

It is not clear who staged the attacks. Mogadishu is a regular target for the al-Qaeda linked al-Shabab group, which is battling the government.

_98321563_5050920d-db3e-4f9b-a475-c3a53333ece9.jpg

_98317921_hi042374868.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41621660

Obligatory, truck of peace (and body pieces)!

Really sad and reminder of once again over 90% of isis kills are on muslims. RIP

death toll now at 189, likely to rise above 200

My fertilizer truck brings all the boys to the yard,
Then I'm like, Allahu Ackbar!

Man what a terrible tragedy

RIP

The death toll from twin bombing attacks in Somalia’s capital rose to more than 200 on Sunday, a minister said, as emergency crews pulled more bodies from burned cars and demolished buildings after the Saturday blasts.

Officials called the truck explosions one of the deadliest attacks to hit the capital, Mogadishu, since an Islamist insurgency began in 2007.

The explosions left at least 300 others wounded, and families scrambled to find missing relatives amid the rubble and in hospitals. The toll was expected to rise.

A former internal security minister, Abdirizak Omar Mohamed, said by phone from Erdogan Hospital, where many of the dead and the injured were taken, that, “At least 237 people were confirmed killed in yesterday’s attack. There are other people who possibly died of their wounds at other hospitals.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/15/world/africa/somalia-bombing-mogadishu.html

That's terrible. There's some evil people in this world. RIP to the victims.

Back