AT&T & Comcast to give $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees because of tax bill passage

These companies have recognized that taking care of their employees and investing in America is good PR. I think we should take this time as consumers and reward these companies for investing in their employees and the country.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Lays-Off-Up-to-1400-Employees-Just-Before-Christmas-140923

Up to 1400 AT&T employees are getting coal in their stocking courtesy of AT&T. The installers tell the New York Post they received pink slips despite numerous promises by AT&T that it's dedicated to "creating jobs" thanks to the death of net neutrality and a lower tax rate courtesy of the Trump administration. The layoffs come as AT&T begins shifting its attention from traditional TV delivery methods (DirecTV satellite, AT&T IPTV), and toward streaming video services like DirecTV Now.

and rofl at rewarding major US ISPs - they've taken your money and ran with it since the 90s (public money intended for expanding internet infrastructure in form of optical fiber) and have introduced shit shady fees on top of your already high internet bills

Last edited:
My father in law is the VP of one of the larger private companies in our area. He gave us a nice cash gift for Xmas. He said “don’t thank me, you can thank trumps tax plan”

Back