At this Juncture, with minimal MMA training, How many UFC fighters(Open Weight),can greg hardy beat?

The hype for this dude is getting out of hand

These comments are making me lose faith in humanity fast

The Hardy hype is so ridiculous, he knocks out some cans and people think he's the next HW champ.

Probably the same group of idiots that were impressed by Ngannou knocking out Arlovski and Overeem

Any middleweight and up, unranked included. Mans chin is higher than his fucking forehead when he throws hands, how y'all not seeing this?

The Hardy hype is so ridiculous, he knocks out some cans and people think he's the next HW champ.

Probably the same group of idiots that were impressed by Ngannou knocking out Arlovski and Overeem
Ngannou knocking out arlovski and reem are actually legit impressive wins. Awful comparison

Ngannou knocking out arlovski and reem are actually legit impressive wins. Awful comparison
You think knocking out a guy with 10 knock out losses and a guy with 12 knock out losses is impressive?
The guys with the absolute worst chins in the division being knocked out impresses you? One of whom was on a 3 fight losing streak having been finished in all 3 of those losses and the other who has the worst case of horrible game planning combined with a shitty chin.
That's what's considered impressive?

You think knocking out a guy with 10 knock out losses and a guy with 12 knock out losses is impressive?
The guys with the absolute worst chins in the division being knocked out impresses you? One of whom was on a 3 fight losing streak having been finished in all 3 of those losses and the other who has the worst case of horrible game planning combined with a shitty chin.
Beating top 10 guys in the division? Yes. You compared that to Greg hardy fighting a couple Nobodies

Beats the Ngannou and Black Beast that fought each based on forward movement and aggresssion alone.

But... but... but they were top ten.

/sarcasm

Some people don’t have critical thinking skills and can’t understand that Arlovski and Overeem were shells of their former selves and only at the top because the division absolutely sucks.

And yes, they are the two glass cannons of the division. It’s a shame because they are probably two of the most skilled HWs ever.

Lot of NFL athletes dont have a great track record in MMA. We shall see how it goes.
The difference is most of the NFL players we get are ex NFL because they couldn't make the cut, where as with hardy it was he legal issues. The dude was top level pro-bowler in the NFL, so it's not like he was riding the bench or was on a practice squad, the dude was legit

Holy crap lol let's take it easy guys! He's only had two fights.. for all we know he's a more athletic Lavar Johnson right now. I need to see a lot more before I'd call him a future champ.

He beats the majority of the lower end top 15 HWs if he fought them next month

Honestly he probably KOs Derrick Lewis already and he’s ranked #2 I think.
Yeah okay buddy. Based off what? This guy beats up a couple dudes off contender series and hes going to KO Lewis? The skill gap between him, the peoples hes fought and Lewis or anyone inside the top 10 at HW is huge. Not only that but Hardy is a very one dimensional HW. Lewis has a proven track record.

If Hardy is going to come into the HW division he needs to fight someone like Arlovski to start out.

Less athletic than Brock with no grappling.

Greg Hardy kills the entire Bellator HW roster in a single night

Was this bloke a top, well known player before he (allegedly) beat his wife/girlfriend?

Seems like a promotional signing; sign someone from one of America's most watched games and hope eyeballs will watch if he fights in the UFC.

There isn't enough film. His striking isn't great. He's decent at being in position and throwing combos, but you can see the clumsiness, and the lack of awareness in the delivery. I guess you can say he still needs work on picking his shots, but most veteran strikers say that's the last thing you develop. That's why we're always impressed by young, patient, strikers.

I'd say keep developing him. He's already good at delivering his power, and that's a good sign for the UFC as far as entertainment value goes. But don't rush the guy because you're desperate for stars. It's obvious the guy prefers the stand up, and if that's his best asset, the man definitely needs work. Allow him the develop and really create the star you need. He's picking this stuff up, what's another year?

The difference is most of the NFL players we get are ex NFL because they couldn't make the cut, where as with hardy it was he legal issues. The dude was top level pro-bowler in the NFL, so it's not like he was riding the bench or was on a practice squad, the dude was legit
He is a legit athlete but we have seen very good athletes in MMA. Its one aspect of the game. People are getting overzealous.

And Brock also does roids and I'd argue his actual mma talent beyond wrestling is quite low
Are you implying that Hardy is clean?

HW is a trash weightclass so anything can happen for him there.

Back