At this point, could Dana stop lying if he tried to or is he too far gone?

Johnnny

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He lies about such minor things. It seems pathological.

Timestamped to 4:54

On Thursday after the bus attack: "I knew... we knew last night that he was in town."

Timestamped to 5:34

Yesterday referencing the bus attack: "I didn't even know Conor was here."

It's like watching stand-up comedy.

Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld.gif

I think he accepted his role as the bad guy a long time ago and has zero issue running with it all the way to the bank.

On Thursday after the bus attack: "I knew... we knew last night that he was in town."

Yesterday referencing the bus attack: "I didn't even know Conor was here."[/QUOTE

even if conor told ufc dana that he be at the fights to support artem there was no way he know conor would show up and act like a crazy person.

Exactly. New York being such a tiny one street town you'd have to assume that if someone were to be here, in new York, he must be at the exact same building you are.
Makes sense.

We need to remember that Dana is the face of the ufc and also an opinionated ego train. He sometimes says shit that doesn’t hold water when it comes to the people employing him. It’s hard to decipher what he feels and what he’s supposed to say, and what other forces make him to say after he’s spoken. He’s got a very tough job; being asked tough questions unprepared and then having to change his stance later due to wme etc. he deserves more credit than he gets, for a man worth as much as him he watches fights, cares about good fights, and gives us great material that we eat up. Is he perfect? No... but if Coker was in his shoes I’m sure people would be trying to burn him st the stake

Edit:
That being said, Dana’s responses and over committal on trying to cover his ass appears thst the whole Conor escapade was planned with him

Dana is a compulsive liar, he lies so much. And I actually think its got to the point where he lies so much that I don't think he even realizes he is lying.

If no one calls him out on his lying then why stop? He'll keep on being who he is, dog shit.

The only time Dana tells the truth is when he's lying.

Here - Barclays Center.
Here - New York.

Maybe it's just me.

Except we are trapped in the liar's paradox; I don't know which one is actually a lie.

Hey, I make fun of Dana as much as the next guy, but I think you read too much into it.
"we knew last night that he was in town."
So he knew he was IN TOWN.

"I didn't even know Conor was here."
didn't know he was HERE (meaning in the building)

two different things.

Back