At what point does Woodley enter WW goat contention?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
i know hes still a bit off from beating GSP and Hughes, but lets look at some of his wins.

Carlos Condit
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler

Colby is going to put an end to Woodley and WW goat discussions.

Natedestroyingtyquill.gif
Never , he is the worst champion ever

He's not even that close to Hughes yet let alone GSP

3 more defenses helps his cause. Colby is very very good. Till is dangerous for him. Usman poses twood zero threats. Beat those 3 and get a marquee win over whittaker and hes better than the canadian fella

What does he have? Like 3 title wins??? He’s barely edging Robbie Lawler in this discussion

Let's see him come close to GSP's title defenses (9) or his top 5 wins (10+) before we put his name in the discussion

It's possible, but Woodley is getting older.

3 more defenses helps his cause. Colby is very very good. Till is dangerous for him. Usman poses twood zero threats. Beat those 3 and get a marquee win over whittaker and hes better than the canadian fella
That should about do it. But IDK, it seems like Tyrone is trying to Segway out of getting beat up for a living to a career outside of the cage.

Well considering GSP is the MMA GOAT I'd say never.

If anything you he's in discussion for the worst WW champion ever.

Carlos Condit - Injury
Stephen Thompson - Split draw + majority decision
Demian Maia - Set record for least strikes thrown in a title fight
Kelvin Gastelum - Split decision followed by 18-month sit out
Robbie Lawler - Good win, Tyron actually tried that time

He's getting close to being a top-five WW, if you really stop and look at it. GSP and Hughes are one and two without a doubt.

Lawler is typically regarded as 3, but he fought some 19 times at MW so that leaves his early and late career in the UFC as a WW. He had a solid run although his decision wins over Johny and Condit were questionable.

Then we have other guys like Johny, Condit, Shields, Miletich, and Sakurai. Now that I think about it, I think I do have Woodley in my top five all-time at WW. Rory's still young but arguably a top ten all-time WW.

He's #3 behind GSP and Hughes, and I think he can pass Hughes with a few more title defenses. I don't think passing GSP is very possible unless he suddenly starts blasting challengers at a Prime Ronda-like pace.

april 1st 2019 lol

seriously never. he has 2 title defences and has lost to shields and nate the great and the current strikforce champ. People bag on gsp for decisions and were talking tyreon woodly goat? the guy has a draw a majority decision and a UD as champion. This thread is pure dogshit

Even the fact that people aren't saying what he needs to get into the contention, shows that many are biased with their hatred

Already GOAT, but sherdog is to buthurt to admite it.

Back