Social Atheist BC parents awarded $12k after child barred from pre-school

Atheists only have a problem with Christians and anything connected to Christianity. Islam on the other hand atheists defend every chance they get to show how accepting they are.

You're just making this up.

The problem is when you have the kid in your preschool, you have to deal with the kids parents. I'd tell the parents to go find another school.

I agree, but they kinda overstepped and barred the kid...opening the door for the lawsuit. I feel bad for the kid and the poor staff that have to deal with the parents.

I agree, but they kinda overstepped and barred the kid...opening the door for the lawsuit. I feel bad for the kid and the poor staff that have to deal with the parents.
I feel bad for the kid too. He's got bad parents. And the staff too as you said.

I'm in favor of schools being able to expel students. In this case, not cause the kid. Just cause you cannot deal with this crazy dad demanding atheist ornaments and walking around saluting Hitler.

To be fair, the school shouldn't have barred the kid. The parents were the problem.

“The standoff reached a climax in June 2015, when the school asked Mangel and Yasué to sign off on their acceptance of the curriculum, which emphasizes multiculturalism. When they refused, the little girl wasn't allowed to return to school in the fall, according to the decision.”

Seems like the parents had to sign off on the curriculum for the child to attend, and as they wouldn’t, she couldn’t.

Their demands are that the child should not be exposed to any religious or political events, so a more extreme version of Jehova’s witness, but unlike JW’s, they want the school to stop, not an exemption for their child.

There was absolutely no situation where this comes out good for the school, they are absolutely stuck unless they allow this specific set of parents to prevent/use their child as a proxy to campaign against everything from recognizing a variety of cultural (ie different cultures) events to national ones like Canada Day and Remembrance Day.

The court gave them no suggestion as a solution, no mediation for a way forward. They are right back where they were, because our HRC is a joke.

I would have told the parents to take a hike and take their kid with them as well. Why ruin everyone elses holiday cheer because of one set of whackjob parents?

And that poor kid is gonna need therapy when he gets older. Parents like that I am sure are instilling some amazing characteristics in their spawn.

Atheists only have a problem with Christians and anything connected to Christianity. Islam on the other hand atheists defend every chance they get to show how accepting they are.

LOL what??

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...ws-with-myth-billboards-in-arabic-and-hebrew/

DSC0010jpg-2026947_p9.jpg

Atheists are the people letting Muslims come into western countries.
Bro, the fuck you on? You are trying to bring two issues into one. I'm Atheist but am against illegal immigration. If someone wants to come to the US legally i couldn't care less what their fairy tale religion is

It's interesting because "human rights" kangaroo courts bend over backwards for Muslims. But Muslims have no Christmas. This means they consider that atheists are right under Muslims in the totem pole of victimhood, above Jews and of course, Christians.

I feel bad for the kid too. He's got bad parents. And the staff too as you said.

I'm in favor of schools being able to expel students. In this case, not cause the kid. Just cause you cannot deal with this crazy dad demanding atheist ornaments and walking around saluting Hitler.

I think Atheist ornaments should be fine as long as they're not to confrontational. Like these ones:

220px-AmericanAtheists.png

31OInBEQ4EL.jpg

happy-humanist-symbol.jpg

While I don't agree with getting offended over everything (as an atheist, I personally like Christmas), I do get his point.

If his kids are going to a state-sponsored public school, there should be no religious endorsement. With Christmas being such a big business though and a federal holiday, we are as a whole, endorsing Christmas and Christianity.

Ideally, no religious holiday should be a federal holiday or endorsed by the government. I think provisions could be made where if it's your religious belief to celebrate that day, you can take a day off work or school though.

We need to be a secular government. You wouldn't have any of these problems if the states and government would stay away from religion, marriage and other civil and personal issues that the government doesn't need any hand in.

It's interesting because "human rights" kangaroo courts bend over backwards for Muslims. But Muslims have no Christmas. This means they consider that atheists are right under Muslims in the totem pole of victimhood, above Jews and of course, Christians.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Why do all the 'phobes make everything about Muslims?

Back