Attn: Jeff Sherwood

Was the feature showing how many people and who were viewing a certain forum removed and if so why?

That function adds long/slow queries to the database servers. It works with normal traffic but it gets really stacked up when there's a lot of users online. Queries made after that, such as reading a post or posting a reply have to wait in line. When the line gets too long the site locks up and the servers crash. The other night users online jumped from 2900 to 17,000 in four minutes and there were up to 1500 shown viewing a particular thread. I don't see how it can be enabled here unless you have an admin here 24/7 to turn it off for traffic peaks.

One thing I noticed is that even when the site got back online, nothing would update. I would click the heavies and the same exact threads would be there in the same exact order as it was an hour ago, plus I couldn't reply to anything. I tried logging in and logging out and nothing worked, like it was stuck in time.

the site was in stuck in time earlier today for a couple hours. It went down yesterday.

That function adds long/slow queries to the database servers. It works with normal traffic but it gets really stacked up when there's a lot of users online. Queries made after that, such as reading a post or posting a reply have to wait in line. When the line gets too long the site locks up and the servers crash. The other night users online jumped from 2900 to 17,000 in four minutes and there were up to 1500 shown viewing a particular thread. I don't see how it can be enabled here unless you have an admin here 24/7 to turn it off for traffic peaks.

Thanks for the response

Site is slow for me too. Was yesterday as well.
Joe_B, thanks for your work and for the updates. It makes dealing with these issues much less frustrating when I know someone is working to fix them. You seem very competant and patient. Keep up the good work.

come on man. this is getting old. can't go a single day without the forums clunking out.

You'd think with all the traffic this forum gets that the adds would be more than enough to keep the forums up to date and well maintained. Who feels like going Platinum?

Ok, so I got a PM today and it won't let me delete it. Every time I navigate to a new page I keep getting a prompt telling me I have a new private message.

Ok, so I got a PM today and it won't let me delete it. Every time I navigate to a new page I keep getting a prompt telling me I have a new private message.

That is because you are stuck on the retard server and it hasn't synched with the other forum server(s) since last night around 8:36 PST.

One of the forum servers is completely fubared. It needs to have its hard drive erased and reimaged off of one of the good servers. It has been fucked up for months and nobody seems to care enough about the issue to do anything about it. Playing around with the vBulletin admin options to streamline the sever load will NOT fix this.

I appreciate you guys working on the forums. It is unfortunate that we keep having these problems, but I underatand that this amount of traffic is definitely a huge issue.

I'm not trying to be a brown noser or anything, but this is a free website(except for numb skulls like me who pay for a green name), and for people to come in here and leave angry or sarcastic posts, is uncalled for. It's cool if you have a question or comment for the Admin, but theres no need to be a dick. I'm pretty sure that they are trying their best to get the forums up and running.

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

this forum is seriously f****d

The source of the board's problems is the random shot in the top right corner.

As a Plat member who pays for the yearly membership and have for three years, this place sucks.

If you can't afford to fix it Jeff and Garrett, and if Gorilla Nation wont fix it, and if updates are not posted as sticky's for the users to see. It's going to take a lot more then the rise of MMA to keep this place alive.

it won't let me view page 11 of this thread...this is the only way lol
EDIT: wait, that didn't even work :(

Back