Attn: Jeff Sherwood

We have new tech admins working on the forums now guys. Things are happening and there will be some very big improvements in the near future. I am sure you have already noticed a few already. I understand the frustration over the last few years but bear with us a little longer and it will be all good.

The forums should be taken down for maintenance. Even very small forums go down for maintenance periodically. Weekly, monthly, bi-monthly.

Working on something that is still running seems rather retarded to me. That's like trying to replace a fan belt while the engine is running...it's gonna be fun.

We have new tech admins working on the forums now guys. Things are happening and there will be some very big improvements in the near future. I am sure you have already noticed a few already. I understand the frustration over the last few years but bear with us a little longer and it will be all good.

One of the servers is time warping (not updating) again. It is stuck at 12:27 PST.

This is the third day that the retard server has not updated. Three days during which a large percentage of Sherdog forum members have been unable to see any new posts.

promise??

It Works!!:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

u made my day

these promises have been given for years but nothing has happenend

What happened to the AV? Its not animated? :icon_cry2

As a Plat member who pays for the yearly membership and have for three years, this place sucks.

If you can't afford to fix it Jeff and Garrett, and if Gorilla Nation wont fix it, and if updates are not posted as sticky's for the users to see. It's going to take a lot more then the rise of MMA to keep this place alive.

Watch yourself. I made a thread about this earlier today and it was deleted in about 5 mins.

What like the sweet report post button?

Or how you can't see who is online anymore?

What like the sweet report post button?

Or how you can't see who is online anymore?
Did you notice that the forum didn't crash during the last UFC?

That function adds long/slow queries to the database servers. It works with normal traffic but it gets really stacked up when there's a lot of users online. Queries made after that, such as reading a post or posting a reply have to wait in line. When the line gets too long the site locks up and the servers crash. The other night users online jumped from 2900 to 17,000 in four minutes and there were up to 1500 shown viewing a particular thread. I don't see how it can be enabled here unless you have an admin here 24/7 to turn it off for traffic peaks.

Did you notice that the forum didn't crash during the last UFC?

No, it didn't crash. But at least a third of the people who visited sherdog yesterday couldn't see any new posts. The same thing happened for over two days last week as well.

Fight Finder/B] needs to be able to "guess" what your searching for, ala Google, when you don't know the EXACT spelling of a fighters name, your screwed.

Back