Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated this one. This and the first Thor were just not good movies IMO. At least during Thor I didn't almost fall asleep. At the end of the First Avenger I was struggling to stay awake.
giphy.gif

To each their own I guess. But I also love Thor (2011). It was one of my more enjoyable theater experience. At that time I was so wowed how they successfully adapted Thor into a feature film. The one major thing I hated about the movie is Thor's dyed eyebrow and metrosexual hairdo.

Thank god im not the only one. Something did feel off.

To each their own I guess. But I also love Thor (2011). It was one of my more enjoyable theater experience. At that time I was so wowed how they successfully adapted Thor into a feature film. The one major thing I hated about the movie is Thor's dyed eyebrow and metrosexual hairdo.

Yea for me in general the "intro" movies tend to be the worst ones. They have to go through their life before being a hero, how they got their powers, adapting to powers, etc. It's the same formula every time and Marvel doesn't always hit it out of the park every time.

Some of them I've enjoyed Strange was good I enjoyed his intro story. BP kind of just skipped that whole thing.Iron Man I really enjoyed probably the best intro story easily.

Captain America: The First Avenger is one of the most underrated MCU film. It gets better the more times you watch it. It also helps if you have an appreciation for those old timey 1940s style of movies.

youre-my-wakandan.jpg

Cap 1 wasn't one of the best MCU movies, but they had a lot of character development they had to do with him. They had to show his past to highlight his leadership skills, his idealism, his courage. I'm shocked they were able to make a boring boy scout comic book hero interesting.

It's just too bad they kind of killed off Red Skull, I also liked the WWII feel.

I’m still rather incredulous about Red Skull’s fate. He can’t be dead imo, and yet if they’re ever going to bring him back they’re certainly taking their time doing so.

I’m still rather incredulous about Red Skull’s fate. He can’t be dead imo, and yet if they’re ever going to bring him back they’re certainly taking their time doing so.

"I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a pussy! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull."

"With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."

Problem is Hugo Weaving JR, while contracted to play the Skull in other movies, has said he really doesn't want to reprise the role. Marvel could force him to do it, but might figure it's better to not have an actor just 'phone in such a major role.

"I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a pussy! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull."

"With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."

Got to admit, I'd love for them to reference the Skull when Thanos cracks open the Tesseract. Maybe just a blink-and-you'll-miss-it image of the Red Skull's "soul" escaping...

The worst part is fantastic actors like RDJ are wasting their prime by dedicating so much time to these movies nobody will remember. Imagine if Olivier or Stewart spent their prime making live action cartoons.

Imagine that most people on Sherdog haven't seen anything that Olivier acted in so who cares. James Stewart's work is most likely less known to the majority of Americans than that of Patrick Stewart who has most notably played the Captain of a spaceship, a Mutant with powerful psychic powers, and a cartoon character who is the Director of the CIA and has a thing for chubby Asian chicks. So once again, who cares.

First time I saw Avengers 1 I thought that Thanos at the end was the Red Skull. I thought “oh, so there he is!” after being warped away by the Tesseract. It took me a few minutes of reflection and thinking harder about the “courting death” line before I realized it wasn’t Red Skull but actually Thanos.

First time I saw Avengers 1 I thought that Thanos at the end was the Red Skull. I thought “oh, so there he is!” after being warped away by the Tesseract. It took me a few minutes of reflection and thinking harder about the “courting death” line before I realized it wasn’t Red Skull but actually Thanos.

Funny you should say that; Whedon originally intended for the Red Skull to be the Big Bad of Avengers, but changed his mind and used Thanos instead.

I didn't know marvel comics very well when Avengers 1 was released, so after I saw it in theatres my first thought was "why is Darkseid in a marvel movie?"

I hated this one. This and the first Thor were just not good movies IMO. At least during Thor I didn't almost fall asleep. At the end of the First Avenger I was struggling to stay awake.
I didn't really care for Cap 1. Russo Bros raised the bar Everest high with the action scenes in The Winter Soldier. We finally had a super hero fight and move like a super hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back