Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap 1 and Thor 1 were solid hero introductions. In order from best to worst.

Iron Man
Guardians
Black Panther
Thor
Cap
Dr. Strange
Ant Man

I didn't really care for Cap 1. Russo Bros raised the bar Everest high with the action scenes in The Winter Soldier. We finally had a super hero fight and move like a super hero.

Oh man Winter Solider. I remember going into that movie giving 0 fucks after Cap 1. Walking out having watched one of the best super hero movies I had seen in a long ass time.

Fucking walt <Lmaoo>

"What's in the briefcase, man?"

"My dirty undies, dude."

"This isn't Nam, Smokey, it's Bowling. There are rules in Bowling...MARK IT ZERO!!":D

Last edited:
TH has multiple domestic assault charges/cases, which might be the actual reason he was released from Iron Man 2 and had kinda stalled other than Empire ever since

TH has multiple domestic assault charges/cases, which might be the actual reason he was released from Iron Man 2 and had kinda stalled other than Empire ever since

The demographics which that show is aimed at can probably relate.

jayzd.gif

Everything looks red to me. Notably the fleshtones. It's like everyone pops a habñero before take.

And it's so fucking loud, too.
Really? I've been watching the regular free ones available from Moviepass. I'll watch once and see how it is. I don't doubt you about the loudness, but hopefully your theater wasn't calibrated properly. Don't know why they would want things so warm, no muy caliente.

Really? I've been watching the regular free ones available from Moviepass. I'll watch once and see how it is. I don't doubt you about the loudness, but hopefully your theater wasn't calibrated properly. Don't know why they would want things so warm, no muy caliente.
Dolby Cinema is LOUD. I saw a poor kid crying and walking out of COCO because he couldn't take the trailers; he was really upset.

This reminds me, I need to get replacement jellies for my earbuds.

617272f8-a82f-4528-8d00-2d9112abc30e_1.254682caea8eff500b5d341d98779b12.jpeg

These are great when the movie is too loud, or when the audience is too chatty. Plus you draw nasty looks from people who think you're gonna run your phone the entire film.

First time I saw Avengers 1 I thought that Thanos at the end was the Red Skull. I thought “oh, so there he is!” after being warped away by the Tesseract. It took me a few minutes of reflection and thinking harder about the “courting death” line before I realized it wasn’t Red Skull but actually Thanos.
Some people thought it was Hellboy.

Ya TH had some momentum behind him. I think they planned to build him out as Rhodey, get some throw away actor as Iron Man and within a movie or two kill off that Iron Man and have Rhodey assume the mantle as War Machine. I think that was the original plan. Then RDJ stole the show.

Re Paltrow and her success she is rumoured to be one of the more willing Weinstein gals.

452C235A00000578-0-image-m-47_1507574209538.jpg

gwyneth-harvey.jpg
The story I heard was that Brad Pitt actually had words w/ Harvey over his harassment of Paltrow. But you didn't hear that from me girlfriend.

Cap 1 wasn't one of the best MCU movies, but they had a lot of character development they had to do with him. They had to show his past to highlight his leadership skills, his idealism, his courage. I'm shocked they were able to make a boring boy scout comic book hero interesting.

It's just too bad they kind of killed off Red Skull, I also liked the WWII feel.
Agreed. They laid a solid foundation for such an important figure in the MCU and did a good job of it. There's echoes of it throughout most of the movies that doesn't feel forced. The odd thing? The Winter Soldier is in my top 3 MCU movies and I just don't like Cap. Grown boy scouts just annoy me.

Dolby Cinema is LOUD. I saw a poor kid crying and walking out of COCO because he couldn't take the trailers; he was really upset.

This reminds me, I need to get replacement jellies for my earbuds.

617272f8-a82f-4528-8d00-2d9112abc30e_1.254682caea8eff500b5d341d98779b12.jpeg

These are great when the movie is too loud, or when the audience is too chatty. Plus you draw nasty looks from people who think you're gonna run your phone the entire film.
Don't doubt you on the loudness. I'll bring earplugs or at worst, roll up a piece of napkin and put it in my ear canals.

What I don't understand is the color grading being super warm. Was it just the one film you watched or multiples?

Don't doubt you on the loudness. I'll bring earplugs or at worst, roll up a piece of napkin and put it in my ear canals.

What I don't understand is the color grading being super warm. Was it just the one film you watched or multiples?
It's been my entire experience, and I'd guess I've attended maybe ten or less. I loved the inky blackness of it, and initially I did like the warmth the red provided, until it started to bother me and I could then detect some ghosting, like it was another layer ON TOP of the visuals.

The red and the volume is almost assaulting, but maybe I'm really aspy.

From https://www.ft.com/content/34fe39a6-e79f-11e1-8686-00144feab49a#axzz3kUyPZEfg "Mr Perlmutter is said to have detailed efforts to cut costs at Marvel, including a switch in actors in the sequel to Iron Man. The first movie featured an African-American actor, Terrence Howard, as Colonel Jim Rhodes. Don Cheadle, another African-American actor, was hired for the same part in the sequel at a cheaper price. Mr Perlmutter apparently told Mr Mooney the change cut costs. He allegedly added words to the effect that no one would notice because black people “look the same”."

The story I heard was that Brad Pitt actually had words w/ Harvey over his harassment of Paltrow. But you didn't hear that from me girlfriend.
Ya i've heard that.

And while I know we are never supposed to doubt a woman's claims I doubt that if Brad was told 'dude, she is one of Harvey's ex bangs' she or any girl would not say he coerced her. And I could see Brad white knighting (as would I likely) to protect her honour.

anyway,i have no clue but I do take such claims with a grain of salt. Harvey was definitely scum but not all his women were innocent victims. Some saw a potential career changing path and jumped to make it happen, even if they felt dirty and regretted later. Particularly the ones whose careers did not take off.

No shit? That's too bad as I like TH the actor. Cheadle is good too, but I thought Howard came across better as Rhodes.

I don't really mind Cheadle but I preferred TH too tbh. He was more charasmatic and there was much better chemistry between him and RDJ. Apparently he got 4.5 mill for the first Iron Man then they wanted to give him just a mill for the sequel.

He's not "blocking a shot" in that video though.
All we see is him literally holding Thanos' hand, trying with all his might to push it back.
They aren't in a stalemate in an arm wrestling match.
It's pretty clear which of the two is exerting themselves

Lol take off your Marvel fanboy blinkers for a second there lad. Definitely appears that Thanos reaches out to either strike Cap or grab him, Cap appears to block the shot and there is seemingly a brief struggle. It even looks to me that a look of surprise/frustration? comes over Thanos face. Thanos should have no trouble whatsoever with a roided up superhuman and the only way I'll buy it is if Cap has indeed had some kind of power up.

I've seen some people think that during that scene Cap's eyes turns yellow or orange and either he is powered up or that is not Cap but someone imitating him.

Just rewatched the trailer several times in good quality on my 42 inch screen and even paused it at that moment. I can't see any evidence of glowing eyes. Guess fanboys see what they wanna see :rolleyes: That's not to say that their isnt some plot device in play to enable Cap a snowflakes chance of even lasting more than a few seconds with Thanos.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely stoked to see this but I'm not going to just blindly disregard anything that seems off or dubious to me.

Lol take off your Marvel fanboy blinkers for a second there lad. Definitely appears that Thanos reaches out to either strike Cap or grab him, Cap appears to block the shot and there is seemingly a brief struggle. It even looks to me that a look of surprise/frustration? comes over Thanos face. Thanos should have no trouble whatsoever with a roided up superhuman and the only way I'll buy it is if Cap has indeed had some kind of power up.

Just rewatched the trailer several times in good quality on my 42 inch screen and even paused it at that moment. I can't see any evidence of glowing eyes. Guess fanboys see what they wanna see :rolleyes: That's not to say that their isnt some plot device in play to enable Cap a snowflakes chance of even lasting more than a few seconds with Thanos.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely stoked to see this but I'm not going to just blindly disregard anything that seems off or dubious to me.
No one needs fanboy blinkers to understand that Trailers use misdirection all the time and lead you to believe you are seeing one thing when in fact it is another.

I can make that prediction of many future trailers right now I have not even seen so there is no fanboy bias if I have not seen them.

It really is silly to assume you know exactly what is going on as there are other potential explanations for that scene. Maybe Thanos is dragging Cap around telling him he is going to watch as Thanos extinguishes the last few resisters and then he will kill Cap last and Cap is gathering up all hi might in that scene trying to stop Thanos from doing something and Thanos is smirking at him like 'how cute' and then swats Cap aside in the next scene and finishes his business.

People who get overly vested in being sure they got the Trailer figured out simply do not pay attention to prior trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back