Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol take off your Marvel fanboy blinkers for a second there lad. Definitely appears that Thanos reaches out to either strike Cap or grab him, Cap appears to block the shot and there is seemingly a brief struggle. It even looks to me that a look of surprise/frustration? comes over Thanos face. Thanos should have no trouble whatsoever with a roided up superhuman and the only way I'll buy it is if Cap has indeed had some kind of power up.

Just rewatched the trailer several times in good quality on my 42 inch screen and even paused it at that moment. I can't see any evidence of glowing eyes. Guess fanboys see what they wanna see :rolleyes: That's not to say that their isnt some plot device in play to enable Cap a snowflakes chance of even lasting more than a few seconds with Thanos.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely stoked to see this but I'm not going to just blindly disregard anything that seems off or dubious to me.
his eyes aren't glowing but they're a different color.

Screenshot_2018-03-21_at_9.53.04_AM.png

capthanosrage.jpg

Terrence Howard was paid more than RDJ, Paltrow and Bridges??

<36>

<36>

<36>

Outside of IM 1 I’ve never even heard of the guy.
It’s hard out here for a pimp, mayne.

his eyes aren't glowing but they're a different color.

Screenshot_2018-03-21_at_9.53.04_AM.png

capthanosrage.jpg

I think I spotted a continuity error in the trailer:

@1:42 Cap didn't have a gauntlet in right arm. @1:49 he does.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

YOu are not wrong.

As I keep saying to those who think a trailer is a complete view of a scene they are often not. they are often scenes nit together from various points in the movie that have nothing to do with one another.

So you are right. The scene where Thanos is jumping in and doing the GSP superman punch at 1.44 and the scene where you see Cap grab his hand at 1.45 and the scene at 1.49 where you see Cap straining and his eyes locked are not congruous. They are likely three completely different scenes from different points.

YOu are not wrong.

As I keep saying to those who think a trailer is a complete view of a scene they are often not. they are often scenes nit together from various points in the movie that have nothing to do with one another.

So you are right. The scene where Thanos is jumping in and doing the GSP superman punch at 1.44 and the scene where you see Cap grab his hand at 1.45 and the scene at 1.49 where you see Cap straining and his eyes locked are not congruous. They are likely three completely different scenes from different points.

This, there is a point when over analyzing a trailer is all skeptical because its put together from different scenes

Last edited:
Wouldnt be surprised to see at least two of these

When avengers 4 is done. If post post credits show either a file of reed richards buying stark /avengers tower, or a shot of prof x/xavier school

I will mark out

Last edited:

Ha.

I already predicted at some point on Earth Rocket with a bunch of hero's comes across a raccoon foraging and eating out of a garbage can.

Rocket to racoon : Jesus, have some self respect! (as they exchange looks)

Really hope not. The Russo brothers aren’t Whedon.

TWS and CW were fairly low key in the humor department and when done it was subtle. I.e. Sam and Bucky exchanges. Must be why those films were 2 of the best.

#NotMyThor lol

JK, after actually reading the Jane Foster run on Thor, it's actually pretty good imo

I don't know how i feel about it in the MCU though. One thing is for sure though, i think it would be the best mantle change. I would rather see it over Riri, Amadeus or Miles
I read the first trade and really enjoyed it. Looked up what was to come and liked the sound of it.

Really hope not. The Russo brothers aren’t Whedon.

TWS and CW were fairly low key in the humor department and when done it was subtle. I.e. Sam and Bucky exchanges. Must be why those films were 2 of the best.

I still think GotG scenes will be more openly humorous, a bit of their MO at this point

When avengers 4 is done. If post post credits show either a file of reed richards buying stark /avengers tower, or a shot of prof x/xavier school

I will mark out

There are indeed rumors and speculations going around that Iron Man will die in either 3 or 4 and that Reed will buy Stark Tower. Richards will be to phase 4 what Stark was to phase 1-3. Peronally i think the idea is cool and it would link the phase 1-3 with phase 45 nicely.

As for Capt eyes changing colors when he block that Thanos punch....i don't see it, I simply think that they either buffed Capt or they nerfed Thanos. I don't like it either but it is what it is...

They cannot not include Jackman's Wolverine in the stinger. THEY CANNOT NOT. I mean, if he's not in the film itself they gotta put that shit in the stingers, right? CANNOT NOT!!!

I’m still rather incredulous about Red Skull’s fate. He can’t be dead imo, and yet if they’re ever going to bring him back they’re certainly taking their time doing so.
Nobody really thinks the Red Skull is dead. We all suspect that he was just teleported by the Tesseract. It's also sort of confirmed by the Infinity War Prelude comic book that he was transported to somewhere. I'm glad they didn't try to force Red Skull to appear in Phase 2 and 3. The MCU has been doing well without the Red Skull's presence. Save him for Phase 4 or 5.

Red-Skull-death.jpg

Problem is Hugo Weaving JR, while contracted to play the Skull in other movies, has said he really doesn't want to reprise the role. Marvel could force him to do it, but might figure it's better to not have an actor just 'phone in such a major role.
They should just get someone else to play the Red Skull, someone that doesn't mind putting on the Red Skull makeup for the entire movie. I rather not see the actor's real face via those Mission Impossible face masks.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good catch. But I think you meant 1:46 rather than 1:42.

There are indeed rumors and speculations going around that Iron Man will die in either 3 or 4 and that Reed will buy Stark Tower. Richards will be to phase 4 what Stark was to phase 1-3. Peronally i think the idea is cool and it would link the phase 1-3 with phase 45 nicely.
The F4 taking centre stage in the next phase would make a ton of sense while keeping the Xmen mostly out and using them for only occasional crossover.

With the F4 you get natural conflicts with the Hulk and Ben Grimm and you get cross over with Xmen and you can set up Doctor Doom as the next big bad as I think he is very sellable.

These two have had some epic square offs with Ben taking some epic beatings.

13169a9e733d8eb760cfe063c177ed52.jpg

As for Capt eyes changing colors when he block that Thanos punch....i don't see it, I simply think that they either buffed Capt or they nerfed Thanos. I don't like it either but it is what it is...

Hes not really stopping thanos perse. thanos looks like hes trying to grab. captain is stopping him with all his power and thanos isnt struggling at all. It might be a scene where thanos is showing respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back