Average 1mile, 5k, 10k times for a fighter....

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously it is going to be different for everybody, based on their shape and body size, heart, etc. I know that a competitive running time shouldn't be a goal in MMA but what are some respectable running times for a fighter? Do you know the times of any pros?
I can currently run 1 mile in between 7-8 minutes, my 5k is around 25, and 10k is around 50.

I know "blah blah blah, you should be doing sprints, long distance won't help " I read the FAQ, I know about the energy systems and the MMA's Modality is very intense and middle-long distance running is not, and you need to be more explosive, anaerobic exercises as opposed to a marathon , aerobic stimulation, but I have noticed guys who have balanced energy systems tend to be the most successful. Anyways, what are your times , and what are good times to aim for. I also notice that guys with good aerobic bases recover faster.

I've got asthma, but at the fittest I've ever been I done 13 mins on a mile :rolleyes: Does anyone have tips on running form/prevent wheezing?

Sorry don't have any times for fighters. But its pretty obvious long slow distance training works for fighters. Look at Nick and Nate Diaz they do so much training this way and they are known for never tiring in fights. Have you noticed how the majority of fighters these days do anaerobic training yet they they tire out in 15 minutes. The old school fighters never tired out they had lean muscle not useless bulk and lasted forever in the ring. I think anaerobic training is important but aerobic should still be used a lot. Another example is Fedor Emelianenko he ran miles a day and he rarely got tired in fights and out worked everyone. Also I am pretty sure Randy did running. Anyway I am curious to hear the fighters times.

What FAQ did you read ? For some reason I doubt Miaou said "Long distance won't help".

This is what I was thinking. Every time this comes up the posters on here who have any knowledge on s&c always preach low and high intensity training as a balance. You need to do both.

about 1 min, 4 mins and 8 mins.... i walk nowhere.. i drive. I wont even walk too my local shops. Oh, and i'm not a fighter so i couldnt tell you.

I'm hitting about 5:50-6:00 1 mile, 14 min 2 mile, 23-24 min 3 mile, and a 32 min 4 mile.

Hope it helps.

No, it appears you do not - in fact - know any of these things. But you are not incorrect in suggesting the importance of an aeorbic base.

Wow you guys really fucking take everything so seriously on this forum, get a life.

I never meant specifically I got that from the FAQ, but you are doing more anaerobic training in MMA if you want to be successful. Chill the fuck out, and you are not answering my question anyways.

It is the just general consensus I get from fighters , usually , that of course you have to have to be balanced.

and you are not answering my question anyways.

So what are your questions? If your only question is "what times do fighters run," then it's a ridiculous question for which there is no answer. If you have specific questions about energy system or conditioning development, ask them and I am sure someone here will assist you adequately.

I'm hitting about 5:50-6:00 1 mile, 14 min 2 mile, 23-24 min 3 mile, and a 32 min 4 mile.

Hope it helps.

Your 1 mile and 3 mile times are inproportunate to me it seems if I could run a sub 6 mile I bet my 3 mile time would be sub 20.

Running a sub 7 in a Mile is average for a person that is fit to actually run.. I use to run sub 6 min miles when in high school ( Track)... but I dont really regulate my self to run a certain time for a mile just completing the whole mile without stopping is the task... that is one thing that alot of people over look.. its completing the task not always the time you get..
I can say i did a 50k run.. but only ran a mile of it...

as what i tell people i work out with.. They do 32k - 50ks all the time and i told them. IM only doing a mile... Nothing more..EVER... there is nothing you will need to do that will require you to do more than a mile lol...

I am faster than all of them response wise and my stamina last longer.. really dont know how to explain it more in depth but thats how i train my wrestlers and they all are the same nobody get tired

i just ran a 5k with jacob volkman and he ran it in 20:00 something

I suck at running.

5K: 28 minutes
400m: 1m20s

But I'm getting better at it.

Running a sub 7 in a Mile is average for a person that is fit to actually run.. I use to run sub 6 min miles when in high school ( Track)... but I dont really regulate my self to run a certain time for a mile just completing the whole mile without stopping is the task... that is one thing that alot of people over look.. its completing the task not always the time you get..
I can say i did a 50k run.. but only ran a mile of it...

as what i tell people i work out with.. They do 32k - 50ks all the time and i told them. IM only doing a mile... Nothing more..EVER... there is nothing you will need to do that will require you to do more than a mile lol...

I am faster than all of them response wise and my stamina last longer.. really dont know how to explain it more in depth but thats how i train my wrestlers and they all are the same nobody get tired

This is terrible. I'm glad you've totally given up on your aerobic endurance. The bolded part didn't need to be said ;).

I've got asthma, but at the fittest I've ever been I done 13 mins on a mile :rolleyes: Does anyone have tips on running form/prevent wheezing?

I have asthma too, and i find that doing cycling helps alot, as you can keep your HR low and build up slowly while still feeling like your doing something. I cant run for 3 hours, but i can cycle, and it has made my asthma much better. Also, relax your arms, and let your wrists flop. You feel a bit weird, and probably look it too, but it helps with your breathing and stops you getting cramp.

As for average time? no idea. Im aiming for a 9 min 1.5 miles

I ran the 1500m and cross country in high school. Years ago.

The first 5k (just over 3m) I ran in about two years was just over the 20min mark. I'm going to start running regularly once a week soon as an extra cardio session.

This is terrible. I'm glad you've totally given up on your aerobic endurance. The bolded part didn't need to be said ;).

I felt similarly, but didn't feel like starting an argument. But since it's been started, I will, of course, take sides.

My 9 y.o. daughter just ran a 7:18 mile. So proud. She'll be under 7 min come spring.

Back