Average 1mile, 5k, 10k times for a fighter....

I don't understand any of what's going on in this thread.

1 mile- certainly sub 6 minutes if I wanted to feel like dying, but I don't enjoy that feeling very much.

5k- I can do in 20 minutes quite readily (although very uncomfortably).

10k- Never ran that fucking far in my life.

Took my resting heart rate before I did my LISS at the gym today, and I got as low as 50bpm while sitting down on the couch for a few minutes.

Let me go see what my 1 mile time is, I'll brb.

Best mile time is about 6:20

Never bothered to run further than that while timed. I hate running

TS, when posting on this forum it is important to ask: 1) Who trains in martial arts actively (i.e, 4+ days a week), 2) who trains fighters, 3) who fights. From my experience on this forum (before the merge), most posters are Powerlifters who enjoy watching the sport or dabbling in a class or two a week for fun.

Your question would be better asked on the Grappling or Kickboxing forums.

TS, when posting on this forum it is important to ask: 1) Who trains in martial arts actively (i.e, 4+ days a week), 2) who trains fighters, 3) who fights. From my experience on this forum (before the merge), most posters are Powerlifters who enjoy watching the sport or dabbling in a class or two a week for fun.

*ahem*

I asked Frankie Edgar recently if he does any long distance running and he said he does zero roadwork.

I thought he was joking, considering he has some of the best cardio in MMA.

I'm sure some of you have seen the circuit work Edgar does for training

Generally I see a correlation between guys with great mma cardio and guys who bust their ass doing form of cardio whether it's high intensity circuits or triathlons.

I asked Frankie Edgar recently if he does any long distance running and he said he does zero roadwork.

A better and more relevant question would have been: do you do any low-intensity steady-state conditioning work? There are other ways to develop aerobic capacity aside from roadwork.

glass_of_water_by_jaki33-d3dakzh.jpg

No offense but most S&C questions that are asked in the standup forum have horseshit responses from people who understand fighting but don't understand how the human body works.

Have no idea. But 40-45 minutes on 10k run would be something I'd imagine they run at the very least.
My best is just a few minutes shy of an hour :/

A better and more relevant question would have been: do you do any low-intensity steady-state conditioning work? There are other ways to develop aerobic capacity aside from roadwork.

well put.

Back