Average 1mile, 5k, 10k times for a fighter....

So what are your questions? If your only question is "what times do fighters run," then it's a ridiculous question for which there is no answer. If you have specific questions about energy system or conditioning development, ask them and I am sure someone here will assist you adequately.

^^This basically sums up this thread.

Dude states in the beginning he "knows it's different for everyone"... so at that point why continue? If you wanna measure dicks find someone your weight and ability and bust that shit out.

What you really need to hear (TS):
Whatever you're doing, you can do better. Strive for a faster time and stop asking stupid questions. If LISS helps your fight game (if you even fight) then do LISS; if it doesn't reflect improvement, don't do it. Simple shit.

Good old running. I do not fight. I hate running. Yet if I play soccer I usually run the most from the 22 players on the field. It is just another kind of a drive. But let me out and tell me - hey lets run - I will stare at you in a strange way. This is why I did not end up playing soccer professionally, I hated running 3-4 times per week to keep myself in top condition.

Anyway some info for 15 years old soccer players.

We were expected to run 10 km for under 60 minutes and each lap (1 km stadium laps) to be under 6 mins. If you ran over 60 mins you were given 4 more laps.

5+ years? Solid Necro.

necro29844976_lrg.jpg

What was your MMA level at the time of this post?

IIRC, ModernWarrior was at level 12 Shirtless Squatting and level 10 Refusing to Work Back Conservatively From Injury. And level 25 Being 16 and Thinking You Know Everything.

So pretty high level.

I'm hitting about 5:50-6:00 1 mile, 14 min 2 mile, 23-24 min 3 mile, and a 32 min 4 mile.

Hope it helps.

Your 1 mile and 3 mile times are inproportunate to me it seems if I could run a sub 6 mile I bet my 3 mile time would be sub 20.

I wish i had a faster 1 mile as well !! I'm gonna hit it hard this year.. mix it up with more sprints and up my mileage ..

1 mile = 7:20
5k = 21:46

I know Mighty Mouse can run a sub 19 minute 5k.

Surprised he isn't closer to 17 considering he carries very little body fat as well as being a professional athlete.

I was around 20 flat before I dislocated my ankle in October and still yet to run more than 2 miles since, it's going to be a long road back but confident i'll get there again before the years out.

Was around a 6 min mile as well just before the injury so would imagine some of the top guys to be running 4:XX

Obviously it is going to be different for everybody, based on their shape and body size, heart, etc. I know that a competitive running time shouldn't be a goal in MMA but what are some respectable running times for a fighter? Do you know the times of any pros?
I can currently run 1 mile in between 7-8 minutes, my 5k is around 25, and 10k is around 50.

I know "blah blah blah, you should be doing sprints, long distance won't help " I read the FAQ, I know about the energy systems and the MMA's Modality is very intense and middle-long distance running is not, and you need to be more explosive, anaerobic exercises as opposed to a marathon , aerobic stimulation, but I have noticed guys who have balanced energy systems tend to be the most successful. Anyways, what are your times , and what are good times to aim for. I also notice that guys with good aerobic bases recover faster.

These are my numbers at 6'4, 245lbs

1 mile : 5:30ish

3.2 mile (5k) : 18 minutes

I don't do the 10k for time.

^^This basically sums up this thread.

Dude states in the beginning he "knows it's different for everyone"... so at that point why continue? If you wanna measure dicks find someone your weight and ability and bust that shit out.

What you really need to hear (TS):
Whatever you're doing, you can do better. Strive for a faster time and stop asking stupid questions. If LISS helps your fight game (if you even fight) then do LISS; if it doesn't reflect improvement, don't do it. Simple shit.
1 Mile: 5-6min
5k: 21Min
10K: 45min

im not a pro fighter by any means but here are my stats and while sparring + rolling I can hold out longer than most people. 1 mile 5:23. 5k 19 minutes 10k 45 minutes. ill give u half marathon stats in a few months

Back