Average reach at various heights?

5' 5" here and my reach is 68". I think it's normal.

if your reach is shorter than your height it means your legs are longer in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be or that your arms are shorter in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be. choose one.

i find it hard to believe that everyone's reach is at least 9 inches longer than their average.

Likewise.

Reach is not a particularly useful indicator of MMA success (especially when compared to boxing), so it's not worth exaggerating.

68" tall, 68" reach.

I'm approximately 6'0 tall, and have a shorter than average reach of 67 inches. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the average reach is for men of various heights.

You have a slightly below average reach. The average is generally within 3" of one's height. Someone who is 6'0" will generally have a reach between 69"-75"

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Take up BJJ. It's better to have short limbs in submission grappling.

5' 5" here and my reach is 68". I think it's normal.

if your reach is shorter than your height it means your legs are longer in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be or that your arms are shorter in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be. choose one.

That's normally the case, a guy at muay thai is probably 6'0 but has atleast 3" on my reach (im 77) and his legs are longer than mine too. he's a weird build, midget sized torso on really long limbs.

I just wanted to know if me being 5'6 and my reach being 73 inches, like retarded?

Really want to see some photos of all these short guys with huge reaches. Seems like most of the guys in this thread would be walking around with their hands down to their knees

Quite a disheartening thread. 5'5" 64" reach.. Seems I am the only man alive who has a below average reach.

But thats cool - just dont get close :)

Da Vinci says wing span should equal height in the proportional man. Personally I'm 5'10, 70 inch reach, so follow the average for both height and reach. I have quite wide clavicals though so my actual arms are pretty short and T-Rex like.

Quite a disheartening thread. 5'5" 64" reach.. Seems I am the only man alive who has a below average reach.

But thats cool - just dont get close :)

Last I checked I was 5'10 62'' or 65'' reach, friend lol.

damn your 6'0 and only have 67 inches?! i'm 6'0 too but my armspan is 76 inches

Your reach is your armspan you probably measured it wrong it's measured from fingertip to fingertip so big hands will affect it (I think a lot more than the shoulders I don't think the shoulders affect it nearly as badly as big/small hands)

looked up this thread because I thought I had a below average reach, then I realized, I am 5'11 or 71 inches high and my reach is 71 inches. I am exactly average.

Which kind of sucks, this way I have no advantage of power on the inside or of range from the outside. That's too bad.

You are proportionate if it's about the same as your height in striking sports you will probably see more often disproportionate athletes but that probably doesn't really reflect the overall population

Back