average reach of fighters by weight

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think measuring finger tip to finger tip by wing span is a true indicator of reach. im a 170 pro walk a round at 195, and it says im 75.5 yet when i stand next to most even 135 and 145ers they have usually have a slight reach advantage over me. even though im usually 4 t 5 inches taller. when i bend down to there height they are able to touch my chin with there fist before i can touch them. so that tells me shouldnt it be better to measure from armpit to fist ? i need to make sure i do this right to figure out my reach so i can change the way i fight.

How tall are you I'm 6ft and have a 75 inch reach. Thinks its about average for my height.......are u saying you have really long fingers???

How tall are you I'm 6ft and have a 75 inch reach. Thinks its about average for my height.......are u saying you have really long fingers???

i have very wide shoulders from my size im almost 6 1 my shoulders r prob 1 to 2 inches wider than average people one each side so prob takes 2 inches off my arm length on each side as a guess lol i wish ufc did what boxing does and measures arm length instead of reach since thats the true indicator of reach then i can see where i stand

I dont think measuring finger tip to finger tip by wing span is a true indicator of reach. im a 170 pro walk a round at 195, and it says im 75.5 yet when i stand next to most even 135 and 145ers they have usually have a slight reach advantage over me. even though im usually 4 t 5 inches taller. when i bend down to there height they are able to touch my chin with there fist before i can touch them. so that tells me shouldnt it be better to measure from armpit to fist ? i need to make sure i do this right to figure out my reach so i can change the way i fight.
I'm 5'7 with a 69" overall wingspan.
Compete at 145

True fighting reach in MMA is measured from fingertip to fingertip with your arms outstretched, but make sure you're not overextending your chest into it. stand up against a wall with your back flat up against it, stand shoulder width apart, outstretch your arms and get them out as far as you can get them and have someone run a tape measure from one fingertip, across the chest, to the other tip and that should get your true fighter reach. (make sure you stretch and get your arms loose before this measurement)

In boxing it's totally different, armpit to the wrist.

but fingertip to finger tip doesnt really show reach tbh as is aid mines like 75.5 but i have very wide shoulders like 2 inches wider than average guy and most guys who fight at 135 when we stick jabs to each others chins we are about = so punching reach should be done how boxers do it by rm length i need t find mine soon

I'm 5'10 with a 71" reach and compete at 145 + 155

It depends on the area imo. Over here there are more MT and kickboxers than MMA. So the people here having gone through MT tend to be tall and lanky, compared to a place where wrestling's more prevalent, those guys will be shorter.

On average most reach is more or less their height. Some outliers will have a longer reach than usual but they're the exception, not the rule. Not everyone at light heavy have Jon Jones freak reach

5'9 with 72 inch wingspan, armpit to end of fist left arm is 24.5inches right arm is 26inches.

Fight at 130lbs.

Back