Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Via Boxingscene.

I'm off the bandwagon if this gets made....

Well, this is what happens when your opponent is caught cheating and drops out of the fight. Ask Deontay Wilder, he's familiar with this situation.

Fuck it, I’ll be watching.

Well, this is what happens when your opponent is caught cheating and drops out of the fight. Ask Deontay Wilder, he's familiar with this situation.

Big difference there is that Wilder then went to fight his mandatory who was Bermane Stiverne. Also, there weren't other fighters willing to step in.

In this situation you have IBF mandatory Sergiy Derevyachenko, and Demetrius Andrade both willing to step in and fight. Both clearly superior fighters to Spike O'Sullivan. They instead opt for the easiest option which, I hate to say it, has always been team Golovkin's MO.

I'll invent a new Boxing principle termed "Golovkin's Razor". Analogous to Occam's Razor, when presented with the toughest opponents, you take the easiest one.

supposdedly stiverne was training with joyce and was getting the shit kicked out of him prior to accepting the fight with stiverne

wilder is such a badass he suposedly paid bermaine 500k step aside money to fight ortiz befoe luis tested positive and then bermaine ended up fighting(if you want to call it that) wilder anyway, essentially a free 500k

and all the while i never hear deontay once mention this nor appear bitter, which im sure most of us would be.

imo, i dont think canelo is going to be so lucky, golovkins going to sue canelo or get paid very, very well for a september match as well as alvarez agreeing to more stringent random testing from now until the fight where canelo will all but be guaranteed ped-free for six months

Big difference there is that Wilder then went to fight his mandatory who was Bermane Stiverne. Also, there weren't other fighters willing to step in.

In this situation you have IBF mandatory Sergiy Derevyachenko, and Demetrius Andrade both willing to step in and fight. Both clearly superior fighters to Spike O'Sullivan. They instead opt for the easiest option which, I hate to say it, has always been team Golovkin's MO.

Wilder also fought unranked and recently suspended Chris Arreola after a fight with Povetkin fell through. When people fail drug tests, you just have to throw somebody in there and roll with it. I didn't blame Wilder for his replacements, and I don't blame GGG for his. He had a good fight signed and his opponent shit the bed.

There is only one person to blame if you do not like the GGG vs O'Sullivan fight, Canelo Alvarez. I have a feeling there are going to be people who are harder on GGG for his replacement fight than they were on Canelo Alvarez for cheating and dropping out of their fight.

what?

who has golovkin ducked(i know your rationale but for the few dumfuk flomos you cant duk a person in a higher weight class like ward)? he was rihgt there to go to the UK for eubank jr so brook is not a gimmie, it was the only fight available at the time

to my konwledge, this will be the first time golovkin fights a gimmie where there are harder fights available

I'll invent a new Boxing principle termed "Golovkin's Razor". Analogous to Occam's Razor, when presented with the toughest opponents, you take the easiest one.

give some examples, please

he refused to fight Ward, which at the time I didn't begrudge him because they were different weight classes. But his rationale was he wanted "All the Belts" first. Which now looks like an excuse to stay at 160.

Don't forget him and his team avoided Lara like the plague, and even opted for Willie Monroe Jr. instead. Their excuse was HBO didn't approve of the Lara fight yet somehow managed to approve of Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade. Not saying they ducked BJS, but he confirmed the money the offered him was way less than what was being reported.

Now you have a situation where you have 3 fighters in the running to fight Golovkin, and 2 of them are clearly superior to the 3rd, and he goes with the 3rd. No one's going to buy O'Sullivan is a better opponent than Andrade or Derevyachenko (His IBF mandatory btw). No matter how Loeffler tries to spin it.

The way Golovkin attacked Canelo following his positive test, you would assume he would never work with them again. One has to wonder why would he attack him like that if he plans to fight him again in September.

he refused to fight Ward, which at the time I didn't begrudge him because they were different weight classes. But his rationale was he wanted "All the Belts" first. Which now looks like an excuse to stay at 160.

Don't forget him and his team avoided Lara like the plague, and even opted for Willie Monroe Jr. instead. Their excuse was HBO didn't approve of the Lara fight yet somehow managed to approve of Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade. Not saying they ducked BJS, but he confirmed the money the offered him was way less than what was being reported.

Now you have a situation where you have 3 fighters in the running to fight Golovkin, and 2 of them are clearly superior to the 3rd, and he goes with the 3rd. No one's going to buy O'Sullivan is a better opponent than Andrade or Derevyachenko (His IBF mandatory btw). No matter how Loeffler tries to spin it.

The way Golovkin attacked Canelo following his positive test, you would assume he would never work with them again. One has to wonder why would he attack him like that if he plans to fight him again in September.
GGG sent out an offer to Lara and Lara never responded. Also occum's razor is about hypothesis's which make the least assumptions most likely being the right hypothesis.

still bummed if it is O'Sullivan. That's a wack fight.

I agree with Cuban here, fuck this.

I'm going to be in Vegas around that time and was thinking of picking up tickets to GGG vs. TDB. TDB has been on my last nerve lately. Guy is constantly signed up for fights and then without so much as a press release, he's out and other fighters are taking his place. I actually thought we'd get to see Golovkin really crack him good for his antics, but it looks like TBD is getting another pass and some sad, sorry soul will take the beating in his stead.

GGG sent out an offer to Lara and Lara never responded. Also occum's razor is about hypothesis's which make the least assumptions most likely being the right hypothesis.

still bummed if it is O'Sullivan. That's a wack fight.

Occam's Razor is when presented with multiple answers to a problem, you take the simplest one.

Golovkin's Razor is when presented with multiple opponents, you take the easiest one.

What are you going on about? He didn't have to fight Jacobs. No one else wants to.

lol at golovkin ducking lara.

the lara that had never once fought at 160? that lara? i like erislandy and i think he's being avoided like the plague at 154, but i'd take his bullshit a lot more serious if he actually fought a middleweight before declaring that the MW kingpin refuses to fight him.

canelo beat lara by walking him down and breaking his body. canelo, who does his back work countering and moving backwards, fucked him up to the body on the ropes. but golovkin, who at the same time was destroying people left and right in those exact same spots, was apparently shitting himself when he thought of lara.

He fought a dirty Canelo and a bad ass Jacobs, back to back. How the fuck is that Occam's Razor?

lol at golovkin ducking lara.

the lara that had never once fought at 160? that lara? i like erislandy and i think he's being avoided like the plague at 154, but i'd take his bullshit a lot more serious if he actually fought a middleweight before declaring that the MW kingpin refuses to fight him.

canelo beat lara by walking him down and breaking his body. canelo, who does his back work countering and moving backwards, fucked him up to the body on the ropes. but golovkin, who at the same time was destroying people left and right in those exact same spots, was apparently shitting himself when he thought of lara.

Regardless of how you thought the fight would play out, I think anyone can agree that he would've been a superior choice to Willie Monroe or Dominic Wade.

People aren't staying on topic. Spike O'Sullivan is the favorite to fight Golovkin and that's the real issue. Andrade and Derevyachenko are both superior options.

Regardless of how you thought the fight would play out, I think anyone can agree that he would've been a superior choice to Willie Monroe or Dominic Wade.
sure. what i don't agree with is that lara wanted it and golovkin refused. i think lara said he wanted it, but then sat tight and did fuck all.

Back