Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

It sucks as I was looking for a youngish, modern 'star' for my kid to look up to boxing now he understands the sport. Clenelo would have been a good start being 27/28 with plenty of good years left in him and having a great resume.

Obviously Ive no interest in my kids spending the next few years looking up to a drugs cheat. Which is exactly what the cunt is.

I'm 27/28 I could be the role model star for your kid. I'm kind of a big deal. Just tell em to look up to Blunttrauma21 and when he/she gets old enough to read my swear riddled, gratuitously violent and sexual content filled posts then they'll probably realize why I'm the Self Proclaimed Best Boxing Forum Poster 4 years running.

For real tho I can empathize with wanting a boxing role model for your kid and Canelo ruining it for you. Errol Spence from what I've heard is just a good dude who's got a longtime gf/wife, gets up, goes to the gym, comes home. Good dude, just happens to be a super talented savage in the sport. TC might be another upcoming star who's got a bunch of kids of his own and seems to be a good small town Dad who just happens to beat ass for a living. Gassiev isn't a star but he seems like a legit sweetheart even tho he's a fucking badass. Broner is also a great option :).

Btw congrats on being a dad, that's gotta be cool. I couldn't handle that shit rn, but I'd like kids at some point when I grow up. They seem like fun, everyone I know who's had a kid fucking loves it.

With a month I'm not surprised if this is the best they can do. We have Team Alvarez to thank for that.

How many people are calling Lara out? More people want to fight GGG instead of Lara. Demetrius Andrade and Derevyachenko calling him out and he opts for Spike O'Sullivan... Wake up!

Also, Lara's resume recently hasn't been great but that's mainly because he's been avoided. Everyone knows he's a threat.

well, lara said he was going ot 160 for almost three years yet has don nothing

http://espndeportes.espn.com/boxeo/...e-movera-a-160-libras-tras-pelea-en-noviembre

and my response to you is that you said that golovkin MO is to avoid hard fights, as if there was a precedent, yet the only time golovkin has avoided a hard fight is right now.

may 5 will be the first time and there is no precedent

They can definitely do better than Spike O'Sullivan.

yes they can

golvkin can fight 168 gilberto ramirez

can you name the last time a fighter was injured or tested poistive for peds and then the opponent fought a top five fihgter as a replacement that was in the same weight class or at a higher weight?

Danny Jacobs was the easy option everyone! Golovkin's Razor never fails

They can definitely do better than Spike O'Sullivan.

im not advocating spike osullivan but canelos last fight prior to golvkin was 164 chavez jr.

imo, 160 spike osullivan beats 164 chavez jr.

canelos fight prior to chavez jr was liam smith

imo, 160 spike osullivan beats 154 liam smith

and i dont remember anyone bitching or complaining about canelo/smith or canelo/chavez jr

I'm 27/28 I could be the role model star for your kid. I'm kind of a big deal. Just tell em to look up to Blunttrauma21 and when he/she gets old enough to read my swear riddled, gratuitously violent and sexual content filled posts then they'll probably realize why I'm the Self Proclaimed Best Boxing Forum Poster 4 years running.

For real tho I can empathize with wanting a boxing role model for your kid and Canelo ruining it for you. Errol Spence from what I've heard is just a good dude who's got a longtime gf/wife, gets up, goes to the gym, comes home. Good dude, just happens to be a super talented savage in the sport. TC might be another upcoming star who's got a bunch of kids of his own and seems to be a good small town Dad who just happens to beat ass for a living. Gassiev isn't a star but he seems like a legit sweetheart even tho he's a fucking badass. Broner is also a great option :).

Btw congrats on being a dad, that's gotta be cool. I couldn't handle that shit rn, but I'd like kids at some point when I grow up. They seem like fun, everyone I know who's had a kid fucking loves it.

The boy is good the daughter is fucking epic. Pray for a son if you ever leave your sword inside of a maiden. By the time he reaches adulthood you'll probably have passed on from venereal disease though, but I will honor you at your tombstone, which will be next to seano's!

Last edited:
im not advocating spike osullivan but canelos last fight prior to golvkin was 164 chavez jr.

imo, 160 spike osullivan beats 164 chavez jr.

canelos fight prior to chavez jr was liam smith

imo, 160 spike osullivan beats 154 liam smith

and i dont remember anyone bitching or complaining about canelo/smith or canelo/chavez jr
I bitched about those fights and don't think I was the only one.

I bitched about those fights and don't think I was the only one.

chavez jr/canelo made financial sense. golovkin/derevyachenko does not make financial sense

if sulecki is injured and derevyachenko, who has sparred with jacobs, calls out danny do you think jacobs makes that fight?

no way...no fuken way.

way too much risk for very little, if any, reward

chavez jr/canelo made financial sense. golovkin/derevyachenko does not make financial sense

if sulecki is injured and derevyachenko, who has sparred with jacobs, calls out danny do you think jacobs makes that fight?

no way...no fuken way.

way too much risk for very little, if any, reward
I don't place any blame on GGG but I'd sure like a meaningful fight. Especially if it's going to be a PPV. Jacobs probably made the most sense since he was already in camp but I can see wanting time to prepare specifically for such a tough fight.

I don't place any blame on GGG but I'd sure like a meaningful fight. Especially if it's going to be a PPV. Jacobs probably made the most sense since he was already in camp but I can see wanting time to prepare specifically for such a tough fight.
Imagine if Danny beat him tho? I already edged Danny their first go round but it would really suck for GGG if he lost and the drug cheat fight was sullied or just off the table altogether.

I was hoping for better but what can you do. Hopefully he moves on to a much better oppoent after.

And fuck PPV. But I'm sure that's not Golovkin's fault as I'm sure it's his shitty promoters.

the one spike fight i saw he looked overpowered by eubank jnr. Not a good sign for this fight

I was hoping for better but what can you do. Hopefully he moves on to a much better oppoent after.

And fuck PPV. But I'm sure that's not Golovkin's fault as I'm sure it's his shitty promoters.
It probably does him more harm than good though. I'm not sure how much more money he'll make but if he has another PPV bomb it'll work against him in future negotiations. Maybe the terms will be locked in against Canelo if the fight happens in September so they may only have to deal with the embarrassment.

It probably does him more harm than good though. I'm not sure how much more money he'll make but if he has another PPV bomb it'll work against him in future negotiations. Maybe the terms will be locked in against Canelo if the fight happens in September so they may only have to deal with the embarrassment.
Oh probably. I won't order it and it will bomb in general. I'm just stating the decision is most likely above his head. I don't get the logic in it.

None of you should shit on GGG for taking any fight at this point. The failed drug test is not his fault. I for one think he got screwed out of a decision. Since he is already in training camp and has spent money to fight Canelo, let him earn the same amount of money as he was going to make for the Canelo fight- but realistically he won't.

Canelo-GGG 2 happens in September.

Last edited:
Tbh the two failed tests and Canelo pulling out is the real awful news.

Back