Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

Just because two guys said "wut up" on Twitter doesn't mean much. Promoters, terms, cash, etc. all play factors. The promoters of Derevyanchenko and Andrade might feel they have GGG in a tough spot and might be trying to exert leverage beyond what is reasonable. They'd do this because Golovkin not fighting them means he looks bad, which again is just bullshit since it was Canelo who fucked all this up.

Of course, we all hope it doesn't come to this.

Just because two guys said "wut up" on Twitter doesn't mean much. Promoters, terms, cash, etc. all play factors. The promoters of Derevyanchenko and Andrade might feel they have GGG in a tough spot and might be trying to exert leverage beyond what is reasonable. They'd do this because Golovkin not fighting them means he looks bad, which again is just bullshit since it was Canelo who fucked all this up.

Of course, we all hope it doesn't come to this.

You could be right. It could be a situation where they might be asking for a bit more money knowing the situation and maybe Spike is asking for less money. But I feel team GGG should try their hardest to try and make the best possible fight. Obviously don't break the bank for them, but If they're asking for a little more, then pony up and give the fans a proper/ competitive fight. GGG will be the favorite against all 3, but the fight with Spike is a tuneup and would waste everyone's time. I just wonder if they have the confidence in their fighter.

Spike Osullivan is the biggest gimme opponent of all the names you mentioned. Some people want to see a competitive matchup, not just some can for Golovkin to beat up.

Lara is also better than anyone on Golovkins resume aside from his previous 2 opponents. That would be a MUCH more interesting fight than Osullivan, this coming from a confirmed Lara hater.

Liam Smith.

And again, why in fuck would you fight a tall, light n lanky southpaw when you're getting ready for a short stocky orthodox ?

The hater-aid in strong in some posters. Not to forget you'd be the biggest whinger if he fought Lara.
"Oh ze godz.......he be fighting a small underweight fighter. Lara be so borings. Much runnings. No wow."

If that's the case, then they better come out and admit it. They better come out and say we're taking the less risky fight because we want to fight Canelo again in September and feel that Andrade and Derevyachenko are too dangerous. If that's the case, we better hear a statement like that. I don't wanna hear about how O'Sullivan was HBO approved and the others weren't, or how he was the only one that stepped up.

I want them to be put on blast. I want journalists with some balls to call Loeffler out on this.

^said no one ever.
And it's not these idiots are "dangerous", it's that they can affect the Canelo fight. And Andrade ? Are you daft ?

As for the journalists, they aren't going to piss n moan about it because they get it.
That's you are a middling grade Sherdog poster and they are actual journalists.
Nobody cares what you want. Hell, even on this forum. Go run over to Vegas or Big Bear with a "Fuck GGG" or "We want Lara / Andrade" sign for all that it matters.

^said no one ever.
And it's not these idiots are "dangerous", it's that they can affect the Canelo fight.

What does this even mean?

As for the journalists, they aren't going to piss n moan about it because they get it.

Or maybe they're afraid to lose their media pass to Golovkin events?

That's you are a middling grade Sherdog poster and they are actual journalists.
Nobody cares what you want. Hell, even on this forum. Go run over to Vegas or Big Bear with a "Fuck GGG" or "We want Lara / Andrade" sign for all that it matters.

Team GGG can keep up this act as long as they want, it may fool the casuals, it won't fool the Hardcore fans. We know his resume isn't great, we know his team has said one thing and done the total opposite. We're going to continue to call them out on it.

They can definitely do better than Spike O'Sullivan.

Unfortunately, I don't know that to be true. I know other fighters can yell that they want it, but any idiot can say it. How reasonable it is to expect that it can be agreed upon without going to fairy tale ends to get it done is another story altogether. The old "let me at him, hold me back" strategy is something fighters like Saunders have all but admitted to in the past, so I'm not sold that they can really do any better.

Team GGG can keep up this act as long as they want, it may fool the casuals, it won't fool the Hardcore fans. We know his resume isn't great, we know his team has said one thing and done the total opposite. We're going to continue to call them out on it.

Who's "we".........you n Seano ?

<Dany07>

Well, this is what happens when your opponent is caught cheating and drops out of the fight. Ask Deontay Wilder, he's familiar with this situation.

No but Wilder ducks everyone, they don't piss hot, I read it on here it must be true!

And on topic it's a shame but at least there's a fight I guess. Obviously this will affect numbers given the draw Canelo is but will it be worse given there's no Mexican fighting on cinco de mayo?

Well, this is what happens when your opponent is caught cheating and drops out of the fight. Ask Deontay Wilder, he's familiar with this situation.
So GGG team just gonna ignore Andrades call out?

Before you all get your panties in a bunch, breathe, count to 10, remember none of this is golovkins fault and you know... don’t watch the fight. Go out on Saturday night or something.

Serious question: are people really willing to lay down hard cash to watch this garbage?
WTF

It's complete insanity that this is still a PPV.

Serious question: are people really willing to lay down hard cash to watch this garbage?
WTF

It's complete insanity that this is still a PPV.

Most fans wouldn't even pay for Jacobs versus GGG.

GGG against some dude from 1907 should get like 12 buys.

I am still hoping this goes to free HBO tv. Having a HUGE ppv flop helps no ones career at all. Actually it could help Canelo because it would be more proof that he sells fights in a time when almost no one else can.

I am still hoping this goes to free HBO tv. Having a HUGE ppv flop helps no ones career at all. Actually it could help Canelo because it would be more proof that he sells fights in a time when almost no one else can.

The fight moving to normal HBO means HBO has to put up cash, though; something they're likely not willing to do. That's likely why this is still HBO PPV. Golovkin's name plus the Cinco de Mayo date might save it from being a promotional disaster (as in the promotion might break even) even if forking over money for this slaughter would be ridiculous.

Id love another jacobs Ggg fight, both great fighters

The fight moving to normal HBO means HBO has to put up cash, though; something they're likely not willing to do. That's likely why this is still HBO PPV. Golovkin's name plus the Cinco de Mayo date might save it from being a promotional disaster (as in the promotion might break even) even if forking over money for this slaughter would be ridiculous.

Stop crushing my dreams!

Id love another jacobs Ggg fight, both great fighters

I'd buy Jacobs - GGG

Reluctantly.

I would too. The first fight was pretty great.

After the first fight I favored Jacobs in a rematch especially if it didn't happen soon but with how shitty he looked against that can on HBO it is another toss up for me. The two big questions are still the same. How much older is GGG and how will Jacobs handle the weight cut?

Some pathetic attacks from Canelo's scrotum handlers. No one takes easier fights than Canelo.

Back