Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

The opponent may be changing to Jaime Munguia (28-0, 24 KOs against... no one).

You could be right. It could be a situation where they might be asking for a bit more money knowing the situation and maybe Spike is asking for less money. But I feel team GGG should try their hardest to try and make the best possible fight. Obviously don't break the bank for them, but If they're asking for a little more, then pony up and give the fans a proper/ competitive fight. GGG will be the favorite against all 3, but the fight with Spike is a tuneup and would waste everyone's time. I just wonder if they have the confidence in their fighter.

Literally everything that sucks about this whole situation is Canelo's fault. You're trying to put whatever blame you can find and put it as close to GGG as possible. Criticizing his choice of opponent one month out. Where's your outrage at Canelo?? You need to do a little bit better than "I'm not defending Canelo" while at the same time creating a whole thread on your outrage that GGG chose Spike O'Sullivan over Sergiy Derevyachenko. "Pony up and give fans a proper competitive fight." Yeah, he was going to until Canelo pissed hot and dropped out of the fight.

The onus isn't on GGG to do jack shit here. After Canelo backed out, GGG could've just threw up his hands and said "Oh well, try again in September." No, he wants to give fans a fight. Now, no fucking way should GGG/OSullivan be PPV. Fuck that shit. Even if this was on HBO it's a fight that'd make fans roll their eyes. But I don't blame GGG one bit. You demand he fight a number one contender with less than a month to go to train for their style? Nah. Even if he beat them he'd get no credit. This fight is a lose/lose for GGG but at least there IS a fucking fight to watch. OSullivan will make it entertaining for 4 rounds. I'll go out to a bar and watch.

But this is all Canelo's fault and he seriously can go fuck himself.

Fuck it, I’ll be watching.

Lol, yeah tbh its a BS fight but I'm actually more interested in seeing GGG rip up a new opponent than watch a re-run of Canelo desperately trying to hang in there with GGG for 12 rounds in survival mode only fighting in the last 15 secs of every round.

So why not, really want GGG to get a next fight against Billy Joe Saunders though if he isn't going to rematch Canelo at a later date.

Literally everything that sucks about this whole situation is Canelo's fault. You're trying to put whatever blame you can find and put it as close to GGG as possible. Criticizing his choice of opponent one month out. Where's your outrage at Canelo?? You need to do a little bit better than "I'm not defending Canelo" while at the same time creating a whole thread on your outrage that GGG chose Spike O'Sullivan over Sergiy Derevyachenko. "Pony up and give fans a proper competitive fight." Yeah, he was going to until Canelo pissed hot and dropped out of the fight.

The onus isn't on GGG to do jack shit here. After Canelo backed out, GGG could've just threw up his hands and said "Oh well, try again in September." No, he wants to give fans a fight. Now, no fucking way should GGG/OSullivan be PPV. Fuck that shit. Even if this was on HBO it's a fight that'd make fans roll their eyes. But I don't blame GGG one bit. You demand he fight a number one contender with less than a month to go to train for their style? Nah. Even if he beat them he'd get no credit. This fight is a lose/lose for GGG but at least there IS a fucking fight to watch. OSullivan will make it entertaining for 4 rounds. I'll go out to a bar and watch.

But this is all Canelo's fault and he seriously can go fuck himself.

The onus is on Golovkin to give his fans a proper fight, especially for PPV. Who says that when your opponent drops out you have to face a tuneup?

That's nonsense.

GGG vs Munguia is a complete joke. At least bring in a middleweight!

The onus is on Golovkin to give his fans a proper fight, especially for PPV. Who says that when your opponent drops out you have to face a tuneup?

That's nonsense.

Again, Golovkin didn't have to fight anybody after Canelo dropped out. This PPV will be a failure no matter who he faces on May 5th. So monetarily it makes no difference now and there's no reason to jeopardize another gigantic payday in September against Canelo. This is smart business and lol at GGG dodging any one of the fighters you named, even Jacobs (who I thought beat GGG) As of right now, GGG will be 36 on Sunday and is the undefeated top 160 pounder in the world right now. He doesn't owe anyone anything and is entitled to a big payday or two at the end of his career. I don't care at all that he isn't fighting a #1 contender, because there is never not a #1 contender to fight. You act like he's working his way up through the ranks or something. This has happened a thousand times before in boxing.

Again, this is Canelo's fucking fault and you need to start placing the blame where it belongs.

Couldn't be worse, Eubank murked O'sullivan years back. Atrocious.

You could be right. It could be a situation where they might be asking for a bit more money knowing the situation and maybe Spike is asking for less money. But I feel team GGG should try their hardest to try and make the best possible fight. Obviously don't break the bank for them, but If they're asking for a little more, then pony up and give the fans a proper/ competitive fight. GGG will be the favorite against all 3, but the fight with Spike is a tuneup and would waste everyone's time. I just wonder if they have the confidence in their fighter.

And now it's Jaime Mungia that emerges as a possible name. Again, I can't fault GGG for something Canelo did. GGG went into pocket to set up the highest level camp he could for this rematch. He won't be making anywhere near the money he was, and I honestly don't fault him too much for taking a fight to offset his financial losses.

I do agree that this is a let down and it is very unfortunate, but GGG was dealt a worse hand than us fans.

Again, Golovkin didn't have to fight anybody after Canelo dropped out. This PPV will be a failure no matter who he faces on May 5th. So monetarily it makes no difference now and there's no reason to jeopardize another gigantic payday in September against Canelo. This is smart business and lol at GGG dodging any one of the fighters you named, even Jacobs (who I thought beat GGG) As of right now, GGG will be 36 on Sunday and is the undefeated top 160 pounder in the world right now. He doesn't owe anyone anything and is entitled to a big payday or two at the end of his career. I don't care at all that he isn't fighting a #1 contender, because there is never not a #1 contender to fight. You act like he's working his way up through the ranks or something. This has happened a thousand times before in boxing.

Again, this is Canelo's fucking fault and you need to start placing the blame where it belongs.

Agreed. GGG is making the most of a bad situation, he'll have some big fights on the horizon looking to the summer or fall.

Honestly I don't see the rematch happening until May 2019. Princess Ginger will come back and ask for a tune up fight sometime in the fall before the rematch the following year.

They should cancel the PPV not milk the fans for an exhibition .

Honestly I don't see the rematch happening until May 2019. Princess Ginger will come back and ask for a tune up fight sometime in the fall before the rematch the following year.
Golovkin won't make it until May of next year undefeated IMO.

What odd are you giving on that? :p
He has some tough mandatories. Maybe if he fights Saunders next but I'm thinking Deryevchenko, Chralo, maybe Jacobs- these are tough fights for Golovkin. The guy is getting up there.

He has some tough mandatories. Maybe if he fights Saunders next but I'm thinking Deryevchenko, Chralo, maybe Jacobs- these are tough fights for Golovkin. The guy is getting up there.
he'd beat Deveryanchenko. Don't think he'll beat Charlo if they fight

he'd beat Deveryanchenko. Don't think he'll beat Charlo if they fight

People are hyping Charlo hard. But a one legged fighter and Centeno, who is pretty uncoordinated and can't perform consistently for 3 minutes, make for poor litmus tests. Now Charlo is the next Jesus at MW? Let's see him fight Jacobs while they wait on the GGG vs Canelo rematch. If he beats Jacobs convincingly, I'll genuinely be a believer. I'd also like to see Charlo handle a win like a winner. He wins like a loser 90% of the time, throwing bitch fits and yelling. It speaks to a tepid character.

People are always looking for the next big thing. I can wait.

People are hyping Charlo hard. But a one legged fighter and Centeno, who is pretty uncoordinated and can't perform consistently for 3 minutes, make for poor litmus tests. Now Charlo is the next Jesus at MW? Let's see him fight Jacobs while they wait on the GGG vs Canelo rematch. If he beats Jacobs convincingly, I'll genuinely be a believer. I'd also like to see Charlo handle a win like a winner. He wins like a loser 90% of the time, throwing bitch fits and yelling. It speaks to a tepid character.

People are always looking for the next big thing. I can wait.

charlo has yet to be punched in the mouth...hard.

he could pull a lubin the first left hook or overhand right golovkin lands.

I can see the Jacobs fight being 50-50 but I'd make him the favorite over those other guys at this point.

Back