Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

he refused to fight Ward, which at the time I didn't begrudge him because they were different weight classes. But his rationale was he wanted "All the Belts" first. Which now looks like an excuse to stay at 160.

Don't forget him and his team avoided Lara like the plague, and even opted for Willie Monroe Jr. instead. Their excuse was HBO didn't approve of the Lara fight yet somehow managed to approve of Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade. Not saying they ducked BJS, but he confirmed the money the offered him was way less than what was being reported.

Now you have a situation where you have 3 fighters in the running to fight Golovkin, and 2 of them are clearly superior to the 3rd, and he goes with the 3rd. No one's going to buy O'Sullivan is a better opponent than Andrade or Derevyachenko (His IBF mandatory btw). No matter how Loeffler tries to spin it.

The way Golovkin attacked Canelo following his positive test, you would assume he would never work with them again. One has to wonder why would he attack him like that if he plans to fight him again in September.

LOL, Golvkin's team would never agree to fight DRE ( WARD ). Golvkin is a sitting duck his plodding style would be picked apart by Dre and most likely finished with a counter punch. Might be interesting to see if GGG can actually box when Ward pressures HIM in the later rounds.

I Mean Canelo came up to middleweight to fight Cotto and knock Khan into the shadow realm. But he is really a welterweight. I have no doubt Canelo would fight Ward if he could come down and make middleweight. Canelo gives zero fucks. The numbers just gotta be right.

Which was the whole hold up with the first GGG fight. GGG's team had to realize they are the B side.

<mma4> .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back