Awkward full Gabi Garcia apology video..

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This seems so weird, she apologises and breaks into tears. that a while later she gets told that she needs to do it again so she drops to her knees and apologises more. Then the camera shoots to Wanderlei who can be seen filming whats happening with his phone, the crowd erupts with laughter while shes still on her knees upset apologising.

Japan is a really bizarre place.

She enters the ring about the 8:00 minute mark.

Saved the Japanese woman from getting a mauling at least

I literally don't understand the fuck is going on in that vid. I don't even understand what TS is implying.

100% clueless on this whole matter
A roided giant facing a tough old lady ?
Gabi Garcia missing weight by +10kg ?!?!?

WTF

I literally don't understand the fuck is going on in that vid. I don't even understand what TS is implying.

WTF

Gender Fluid Gabi Garcia missed weight for her Rizin NYE bout. She was then brought out to be publicly humiliated in front of the hisssing xenophobic Japanese crowd.

<26>KEEP UP BRO.

This seems so weird, she apologises and breaks into tears. that a while later she gets told that she needs to do it again so she drops to her knees and apologises more. Then the camera shoots to Wanderlei who can be seen filming whats happening with his phone, the crowd erupts with laughter while shes still on her knees upset apologising.

Japan is a really bizarre place.

She enters the ring about the 8:00 minute mark.

Wow that was fkng weird, it was as if she was apologizing to the Yakuza for her life or something. What kind of shit was that? & why the fuq was she crying? Just cringe cringe cringe

WTF

I'm no expert but can share what little I know. An element of Japanese culture is about saving face so as not to cause embarrassment in public. The promoters of the show promised the fight. They want to keep their word but Gabi Garcia weighed in way over the set weight limit and her opponent thought it was disgraceful and turned down the fight. They all need to explain to the paying audience exactly what happened.

Garcia's opponent is a proud trainer who had agreed to fight Garcia at that weight limit. Since Garcia came in so far above the weight limit it was considered personally insulting to her opponent, to the Rizin promotion and to the fans. If Garcia wants to fight with Rizin again she must apologize, first to Rizin and to her opponent. Then, on her knees to the audience. There was some drama and some comedy in there as well.

Apparently everyone was satisfied that the apology was sincere. All of the body language says a lot too, in terms of her opponent shaking her hand but then staying away, the head of the promotion barely shaking her hand while walking away from her, nuances that speak volumes of what is sometimes referred to in Japan as harmony in public. Not saying this is everything that's going on here. A Japanese expert could explain far better and add to or contradict these details. Just trying to provide a slightly better understanding.

Gender Fluid Gabi Garcia missed weight for her Rizin NYE bout. She was then brought out to be publicly humiliated in front of the hisssing xenophobic Japanese crowd.

<26>KEEP UP BRO.

lol <bball2>

I'm no expert but can share what little I know. An element of Japanese culture is about saving face so as not to cause embarrassment in public. The promoters of the show promised the fight. They want to keep their word but Gabi Garcia weighed in way over the set weight limit and her opponent thought it was disgraceful and turned down the fight. They all need to explain to the paying audience exactly what happened.

Garcia's opponent is a proud trainer who had agreed to fight Garcia at that weight limit. Since Garcia came in so far above the weight limit it was considered personally insulting to her opponent, to the Rizin promotion and to the fans. If Garcia wants to fight with Rizin again she must apologize, first to Rizin and to her opponent. Then, on her knees to the audience. There was some drama and some comedy in there as well.

Apparently everyone was satisfied that the apology was sincere. All of the body language says a lot too, in terms of her opponent shaking her hand but then staying away, the head of the promotion barely shaking her hand while walking away from her, nuances that speak volumes of what is sometimes referred to in Japan as harmony in public. Not saying this is everything that's going on here. A Japanese expert could explain far better and add to or contradict these details. Just trying to provide a slightly better understanding.

thanks

On a side note isn't this the woman who was in the corner on one of Gabis earlier fights against the grandma who kept swinging at the ropes in the beginning?

On a side note isn't this the woman who was in the corner on one of Gabis earlier fights against the grandma who kept swinging at the ropes in the beginning?
im pretty sure it is. they look identical so its hard to keep track of all this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back