Back to lifting after 3 weeks . What to expect ?

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So my body just felt like taking some time of from lifting . Im going back to the gym tomorrow and im nervous ive lost alot of strenght. Now i havent been laying on the sofa for 3 weeks. I have been swimming quite a bit ,doing pushups and pullups .

Any thoughts on what to expect ?

So my body just felt like taking some time of from lifting . Im going back to the gym tomorrow and im nervous ive lost alot of strenght. Now i havent been laying on the sofa for 3 weeks. I have been swimming quite a bit ,doing pushups and pullups .

Any thoughts on what to expect ?
You gonna be weak.

Take it easy. Muscle memory is real.

You will feel like you want to lift the same weights you used to lift, don't do that. Just take it easy for the first couple of weeks and you'll be good to go.

Did you eat and sleep well during the time off? If so you should feel good and rested.

Did you eat and sleep well during the time off? If so you should feel good and rested.

Take it easy. Muscle memory is real.

You will feel like you want to lift the same weights you used to lift, don't do that. Just take it easy for the first couple of weeks and you'll be good to go.

Im back from chest and bicep. It might be imaginary but i actually felt a bit stronger. All good in other words ☺

Im back from chest and bicep. It might be imaginary but i actually felt a bit stronger. All good in other words ☺
3 weeks is not that long and if you kept a good diet and rested well you'd likely feel as strong if not stronger. Great news!!!

You're probably going to come back stronger. If you were feeling like you needed time off, your body probably spent that entire time supercompensating.

Back