Bad Times at the El Royale

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this movie yet? The cast looks amazing and the trailer makes it look really good. Love to get some opinions before I decide to check it out.

Best description is like a 70s version of hateful eight.

I enjoyed it.

It's a throwback to 90's era Miramax features. Theres some obvious Pulp Fiction parallels but its by no means a gimmicky take off. But its essentially the kind of pulpy indie movie that we dont get anymore. I loved it, but it wasnt perfect. It was a bit too long and some of the flashbacks kinda jarred the pacing a bit, but off hand I cant think of a better movie I saw in quite some time.

Highly recommend.

It was very good. Once it picks up, it becomes relentless.

I’ve been wanting to check it out. Gonna try to this week sometime.

Prob gonna catch this weekend.. any more reviews?

I really want to see this but all I can find are punjabi cam versions.

I don't use torrents. Theres safer alternatives that don't p2p

I like the music, the way it was shot, and the performances.

It's also the most predictable movie of the year, where they give everything that's being hid away in the first 20 munutes.

I was not thrilled about this thriller.

It's a throwback to 90's era Miramax features. Theres some obvious Pulp Fiction parallels but its by no means a gimmicky take off. But its essentially the kind of pulpy indie movie that we dont get anymore. I loved it, but it wasnt perfect. It was a bit too long and some of the flashbacks kinda jarred the pacing a bit, but off hand I cant think of a better movie I saw in quite some time.

Highly recommend.
Hollywood needs to get back to this. I miss when the smaller, imperfect films like this one were still so damn interesting, unique, unpredictable, and almost entirely divorced from any deeper coherent political agenda. Just tell me a story. Fantastic film. One of the coolest of the year. I find it as refreshing as Game Night except that the final act was the strongest, not where the film fell apart.

Also, holy cow Dakota Johnson looked good in those pants.

I thought it was good. Although, it felt like it was missing just one ingredient that would have made it great. Despite its flaws, the acting, cinematography, and soundtrack make it worth watching. For a film with a lengthy runtime and a slow burn pace, I never felt bored.

I saw it in the theater. It was a fun movie, would watch again 7.25/10

Back