Badass little girl brutally knocked out male pro muay thai fighter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
I'd rather see kids in underdeveloped countries engage in combat sports then get hooked on drugs or become canon fodder for warlords.

I'd rather see kids in underdeveloped countries engage in combat sports then get hooked on drugs or become canon fodder for warlords.

Hell, I'd say that about any country, whatever the level of development.

Ladies have an advantage in kicks due to not having obstructions in the groin area. They can hit those hard to reach places anytime with their full range of motion. :icon_chee

This is Phetjee Jaa O. Meekhun. She's now 13. I've trained with her almost everyday for the last year here in Pattaya, Thailand. She is not only an amazing fighter, a great girl.

If you'd like to read more about her I've written maybe 15 articles: 8limbs.us - Phetjee Jaa O. Meekhun - Archive

For those that have pointed out how insane her clinch is, as a clinch fighter myself who outweighs her by 8-9 kg (almost 20 lbs) and has clinched with her countless times, she is incredibly strong and skilled - extremely difficult to get down and a complete handful. She is an overwhelming talent. Not only in terms of technique and physical strength, but also in drive. This level of clinch is very rare for even a Thai girl. She probably the best clinching female Thai fighter on the planet, pound for pound. She has probably over 150 fights.

She's right now in an in between place in terms of opponents. Thai governing bodies have banned her from fighting boys any longer about a year and a half ago which really cut off the family's income. She was beating boys regularly on national TV. She isn't big enough to fight the top Thai female fighters (that starts at about 46 kg/101 lb). So she's slowly taking on opponents much, much bigger than her (there are a few fights at that link), the gym is struggling, as everyone waits for her to get from her current weight of 39 kg to maybe 42 kg. Then she can start taking on top female talent.

This is her as my corner actually giving me my blessing and taking off my mongkol for a fight, something I've never seen a female do in Thailand, let alone a girl. She is very special in how she breaks boundaries:

Phetjee-Jaa-Blessing-GIF.gif

Last edited:
This is Phetjee Jaa O. Meekhun. She's now 13. I've trained with her almost everyday for the last year here in Pattaya, Thailand. She is not only an amazing fighter, a great girl.

If you'd like to read more about her I've written maybe 15 articles: 8limbs.us - Phetjee Jaa O. Meekhun - Archive

For those that have pointed out how insane her clinch is, as a clinch fighter myself who outweighs her by 8-9 kg (almost 20 lbs) and has clinched with her countless times, she is incredibly strong and skilled - extremely difficult to get down and a complete handful. She is an overwhelming talent. Not only in terms of technique and physical strength, but also in drive. This level of clinch is very rare for even a Thai girl. She probably the best clinching female Thai fighter on the planet, pound for pound. She has probably over 150 fights.

She's right now in an in between place in terms of opponents. Thai governing bodies have banned her from fighting boys any longer about a year and a half ago which really cut off the family's income. She was beating boys regularly on national TV. She isn't big enough to fight the top Thai female fighters (that starts at about 46 kg/101 lb). So she's slowly taking on opponents much, much bigger than her (there are a few fights at that link), the gym is struggling, as everyone waits for her to get from her current weight of 39 kg to maybe 42 kg. Then she can start taking on top female talent.

This is her as my corner actually giving me my blessing and taking off my mongkol for a fight, something I've never seen a female do in Thailand, let alone a girl. She is very special in how she breaks boundaries:

Phetjee-Jaa-Blessing-GIF.gif

Good stuff, thanks for posting! Its always fascinating to hear stuff about fighters from close, whether its from family, gym or a friend, it gives a new perspective for sure. I hope she does well int he future and gets to fight agains the top later on, she is still very young so can definitely get up with the weight later on + there are so much potential skillwise, especially since she has already trained for long and still will

Bit of an OT, but asking anyone here who knows: in Thailand, how big are the biggest stars of MT? I dont mena physically, but by rather how are they viewed by the public? Are they big heroes? Or famous people like celebs from movies/music entertainment? Or just known by name?

in Thailand, how big are the biggest stars of MT? I dont mena physically, but by rather how are they viewed by the public? Are they big heroes? Or famous people like celebs from movies/music entertainment? Or just known by name?

That's a hard question to answer because there is no easy way to scale it. They certainly aren't as big in fame as they were in the 1990s when Muay Thai was in it's heyday, and purses have fallen. Though there is national pride, it's looked down upon as a lower-class sport, and generally not in keeping with modern Thailand. The biggest fans are older, often from rural areas, gamblers, have a kind of "red neck" reputation, if I can put it that way. Some shows like Thai Fight attempt to grow stars by having their best beat western fighters with lots of high production value, and it is now starting to be marketed more as a middle class exercise, but it has a LONG way to go in that. It is struggling demographically. Thais complain that it is more appreciated by westerners than by the Thai people.

That's a hard question to answer because there is no easy way to scale it. They certainly aren't as big in fame as they were in the 1990s when Muay Thai was in it's heyday, and purses have fallen. Though there is national pride, it's looked down upon as a lower-class sport, and generally not in keeping with modern Thailand. The biggest fans are older, often from rural areas, gamblers, have a kind of "red neck" reputation, if I can put it that way. Some shows like Thai Fight attempt to grow stars by having their best beat western fighters with lots of high production value, and it is now starting to be marketed more as a middle class exercise, but it has a LONG way to go in that. It is struggling demographically. Thais complain that it is more appreciated by westerners than by the Thai people.

Thank you for the detailed answer! I have always had interest of how combat sport fighters are viewed in different countries. In our country they aren't very famous, except couple of boxers, other is already retired.

Is Thai Fight doing well in Thailand? I like shows having good production value and even if people dislike Lion Fight here, I have enjoyed it tremendously myself. I wish that they will do well

It's a bit sad situation there, especially with purses. Fighting is tough thing to do. They definitely deserve good pay for it, but of course in the world and economy of today, its not that simple. Well, at least I think so, I dont know the situation in Thailand

Thanks for the update Sylvie! I saw a couple of Phet's most recent fights against boys and was really impressed with her crazy power/technique.

I had no idea she had been banned from fighting boys fire so long. That really sucks for her, her family, and the gym.

We're you involved in the production of "Buffalo Girls" at all?

Also, I trained with you briefly a few years back in Chiang Mai. It's great to see that you are still going strong! What made you change gyms?

We're you involved in the production of "Buffalo Girls" at all?

Not at all, but I did interview the director Todd Kellstein (click here). Loved the film.

Also, I trained with you briefly a few years back in Chiang Mai. It's great to see that you are still going strong! What made you change gyms?

Initially it was the chance to train with Sakmongkol in Pattaya, but then it really was all about the opportunity to develop as a clinch fighter. At Lanna I simply did not have anyone my size to clinch with, and I did not get much clinch at all. I found I'm naturally a clinch fighter, and I really had to develop that. At Petchrungruang there were lots of boys my size to clinch with every day, and I also got to clinch with PhetJee Jaa and her brother every day as well. It was a big chance to learn something women are not taught extensively. Could not pass it up.

fighting isn't so bad. there are far worse avenues that plenty of young girls in Thailand are pushed into....same with young guys, they move to Bangkok and try to find work but it's quite an elitist society still and hard to really move up. most end up taxi drivers and the such.

She fought on channel 9 earlier today and won on points against a girl.

thanks for writing about phet jee jaa. I found your website months ago while trying to find info about her and have enjoyed your articles. Thanks for also filming some of her most recent fights

Back