Bader wins GP

I think Meathead could be an extremely tough fight for him but if he gets through that hes 90% likely to win the whole thing. Fedor might still have a sub or hail mary punch in him but its unlikely, Chael would be even less of a threat.

Bader vs Mitrione is the real championship imo.

Meathead already beat Fedor and Sonnen is a juiced up MW.

I guess Fedor could land a bomb but he is definitely not the methodical technical fighter he was in his prime.

I could see Meathead sleeping Bader. (Or getting wrestlefucked but he will have a good 40 pounds on Bader)

There are some heavy hitters in there. Can't really call Mitrione better than Fedor from that fight.

Just like I wouldn't call Bader better than Mo from tonights fight.

Head down, eyes closed? Dude was surprised when he opened his eyes and saw Mo down.

There are some heavy hitters in there. Can't really call Mitrione better than Fedor from that fight.

Just like I wouldn't call Bader better than Mo from tonights fight.

Head down, eyes closed? Dude was surprised when he opened his eyes and saw Mo down.
It is heavyweight after all....

But...

Meathead is by far the biggest "true heavyweight" in the tourney. Plus he has shown respectable HW power and above average HW agile and accuracy.

King Mo, who says he is going back to MW next, got chin checked quite easily. (Seriously why the fuck didn't they put true HWs in this rather than "names"?)

Fedor could definitely catch Meathead, but Matt will likely be boxing while Fedor wings wild drunken haymakers with little to no defense. I think that makes "luck" favor Meathead. Also MeatHead is closer to his prime while Fedor is now many years removed from his.

Chael has always had a great chin at MW and LHW but (even juiced to the gills) HW could be a different story and even over the hill Fedor could hit significantly harder than fat Rampage.

Thus far this open weight tourney has been approximately the shit show I expected.

I find Bader vs Mitrione to be the most intriguing fight, in large part because they are the most "in their prime". Hoping for a good fight.

Mittrione and Bader are in their primes.

But still rooting for Fedor.

I'd put Bader as the slight favorite as of now since i won't sleep on Mitrione. If Bader is smart, he'll just Fitch Mitrione all night. Stand up between the two i think could be interesting with it going either way.
Think Fedor should be able to handle Chael fairly easily, but don't like his chances against either of the other fighters.

In the world... Of Bellator?
Nah. The UFC LHW div is pretty weak now. He would still struggle with Jones, but Jones is out for a while. I think he beats the rest.

Agree w pretty much everyone else winner of Bader - Mitrione wins the tourney

Fedor should be the heavy favorite against Sonnen. I'm very interested in Bader vs Mitrione. Bader's wrestling, speed and cardio against Mitrione's size, power and striking. I'm curious to see how they look against each other before deciding who I am picking to win it all. Though I am hoping Fedor for one more glorious title, then retire.

Huge fedor fan

But Bader is going to win this GP. He is the only one in his prime
I'd agree, except for the fact that he has a horrid habit of dropping the ball and tripping on his shoe laces (i.e. Tito). Him beating a bonafide HW like Meathead is a huge 'IF', as beating two similar wrestling LIGHT heavyweights in Phil Davis and Mo, is not going to prepare him for true heavyweights that have TDD and thunderous power. If Bader got slept by Glover, these big boys can hurt him.

He's 39, and had years of college and pro football before MMA (lots of wear on his body). He's WAY beyond his physical prime.
He is way beyond his physical prime, but I doubt there was a time he was ever a better MMA fighter than he is now. At the very least, he is close to it. Heavyweights don't decline as quickly.

Back