Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson May 19th in Toronto

I'd be rooting heavily for Jack but i still don't trust his chin. And Adonis Stevenson actually has what MMA turds only imagined McGregor had, dynamite in his left hand.

Jack fought beautifully against Cleverly though. Awesome win.
Its definitely the equalizer, but if he avoids that power shot though I think he wins very comfortably.

Jack actually has a pretty good style to give Stevenson problems. The amount he has improved over the last few years is fairly remarkable. I used to think very little of him as a fighter, but he's been great since the Dirrell fight.

Jack actually has a pretty good style to give Stevenson problems. The amount he has improved over the last few years is fairly remarkable. I used to think very little of him as a fighter, but he's been great since the Dirrell fight.

If he actually beats Adonis, I feel better about me calling him "Bernard-lite" before; just a guy you don't want to find yourself betting against. But still you nailed it, it's been one improvement after another with him. I'll definitely root for him against anybody, except maybe Ward. But even being a huge Ward fan, I'd love to see Jack get that win too (won't happen). It'd make a great story and I'm not completely heartless.

enjoyed the show, Badou Jack seems a chill guy

you should get get @Sinister up in there one day
thanks. yea, we asked him and he said he would come on, so it wont be too long. Badou is definitely laid back. he actually has a pretty outgoing personality though. Just getting it out on camera can be tough sometimes.

jack-stevenson.jpg

After the fight was over, Jack made it clear that he wants a showdown with WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs)

"I think Adonis Stevenson [is the fight I want next], let's get it on. I'll go to Canada. I'll go anywhere," Jack said. "Unless you want a trilogy with Andrzej Fonfara, let's get it on."

According to Stevenson, he is more than ready to fight Jack.

"It was a good performance. He beat Cleverly now. So now he called me out and I'm ready. I'm ready to fight and I'm ready to unify the title. For Andre Ward or him, I'm ready. It doesn't matter to me [which one]. It's great for me to unify and add another title to my collection. I want to unify the titles. This is my goal and that's what I want to do," Stevenson told Premier Boxing Champions.

Since Jack has a pulse, I'll wait until the fight is officially made to rejoice. Also, even if a Jack fight would make more money, isn't Stevenson supposed to fight Alvarez first ?

If it ever gets done, it seems to me that Jack does his homework, and he'll work on a way not to expose himself to the big left. Stevenson isn't getting younger, I think he'd get outworked all the way to a UD.

Alvarez has earned his shot at Stevenson. He needs to stop avoiding it.
Alvarez and his manager held a press conference last week and they blasted Stevenson. They're trying to put pressurer on Stevenson and Yvon Michel. Don't know if that's going to work though.

I really like Badou but his style is dependant on fighting mid to close range with some good work outside. That's a bad thing vs Stevenson.
Jack be strong as fk but Adonis is well, a Adonis. He's huge for a LHW and strong.

Unless Stevenson suddenly gets old in the lead up into this fight (always a risk at his age) I dont see how Jack can avoid that sledgehammer left. One of two is all it takes and Stevenson always gets those in at least once or twice.

Only LHWs I see beating him is Kovalev (if he's not fked up in the head after Ward) and Ward....because even though I don't think he can beat him, Ward always finds a way. So I can see it happening.

Fin

Alvarez and his manager held a press conference last week and they blasted Stevenson. They're trying to put pressurer on Stevenson and Yvon Michel. Don't know if that's going to work though.
They have avoided him a couple of times now. And while I think Alvarez is pretty good he's not looking like someone everyone should fear so avoiding him is odd. Just get it over with.

Remember when Stevenson wanted to fight Monaghan out of nowhere, and instead Monaghan fought Browne and got destroyed in 2 rounds. It shows what kind of competition he wants.

The situation seems so fucked up because both fighters are represented by Michel. You would expect that to make everything simpler but it's been quite the opposite.

The situation seems so fucked up because both fighters are represented by Michel. You would expect that to make everything simpler but it's been quite the opposite.

Michel is a garbage promoter though, look what he did to Beterbiev's career. There's something shady about that guy. Montreal is one of the last major North American cities that still has an entrenched organized crime problem....I always get the sneaky sense he's tied up w/ the mob.

I'll only bet against jack against ward, and possibly kov. Suprised me in the groves fight, Proved me wrong in the de gale fight and was far more dominant than expected against cleverley (though knew he would win). The guys far better than I ever gave him credit for and he looks even better at LHW

Michel is a garbage promoter though, look what he did to Beterbiev's career. There's something shady about that guy. Montreal is one of the last major North American cities that still has an entrenched organized crime problem....I always get the sneaky sense he's tied up w/ the mob.
I think he's shady too but don't think he has links to organized crime. I think he's just a pos. He has done great things for boxing but last 7-8 years have just been filled with weird decisions .

And lol at Mtl being one of the last cities with mob problem.

I think he's shady too but don't think he has links to organized crime. I think he's just a pos. He has done great things for boxing but last 7-8 years have just been filled with weird decisions .

And lol at Mtl being one of the last cities with mob problem.

I said "entrenched" mob problem. Although org crime still exists its mostly been tamed in places like NY or Chicago. I could be wrong, thats just the sense i get having been to montreal many times and followed the news about how corrupt their politics are.

Winner of this needs to fight Ward.

Winner of this needs to fight Ward.

If Jack steals the WBC, i'd say its 95% chance Ward would make the fight with him. I've seen interviews and get the sense he views Jack as easy work without the X factor Stevenson brings. Jack is similar to Ward in one way, almost all his opponents underestimate him. His skills are sneaky good and it seems to overwhelm opponents who aren't mentally prepared for it. Happened to Dirrell, DeGale and now Cleverly.

Badou Jack brought in KSI as a sparring partner for his camp. Sorry, but I couldnt film any of the action, but there was a legit knockdown in the third of four rounds. I cant reveal who was dropped, but it was from a body shot

Cleverley is certainly no yardstick to guage anyone by, he has been awful near his whole career and i am extremely surprised he ever won a title.

Jack kind of reminds me of Glen Johnson, someone who doesnt really do anything really well, but has enough tools to get to people, and he seems pretty tough(whether he is tough enough for a Stevenson bomb..that remains to be seen).

Jack looks pretty solid, and it will be interesting as Stevenson doesnt seem to want to fight anyone worth fighting these days
I think the improvements Jack made since his loss to whats his name are pretty dramatic. He went from one of my least favorite fighters to watch to a guy I actually look forward to seeing.

Back