Bagwork video again

3 muscles are important to striking - Shoulders, Chest and Triceps.
naw, just biceps. How are you gonna win fights if you don't got the guns that turn on nuns?

naw, just biceps. How are you gonna win fights if you don't got the guns that turn on nuns?

True I'll quote Shakespear "No one has ever won a fight without bringing two tickets to the gun show"

Thanks for all the videos iron khan lots of good work and there has been plenty of great advice in this thread.
One small thing when you are hitting the bag you are always moving left especially off of jabs. I remember you mentioning in another thread you wanted to compete amateurs in boxing. This is a deadly mistake to have, if they know where you are going to be it’s easy to set something up for you especially when you have a tendency to lean forward as well I could just see a huge right smashing home.
Try moving both ways more consciously while hitting the bag as well as adding some pivots after punches combos going both ways

Ok so weight distribution is something I got to work on too. It's funny because when I first started training in 2013 I actually was intrigued by anthony Pettis style and when I looked up a style analysis it said something about him attacking whichever foot the weight is on the most. Obviously you got to be trained to notice that, but that really wasn't something I would pay attention too.

So I'm guessing when I throw the right plant my foot to the left forward, and bringing my right leg to the center of mass, and rotating my hips. Is that right?

And with the left hook do you mean to lean in just a little bit? Or do you mean bring my body to the center and use more hip rotation?
with the left hook you don't want to lean, maybe crouch a little more. the main thing is to have more weight set on the left foot before throwing the punch. left hooks typically become slappy when you still have too much weight on your right foot when throwing it. ( i used to do this, i had a strong right but i would keep the weight on the back foot when throwing the left hook, turning it into an "arm" punch.)

Thanks for all the videos iron khan lots of good work and there has been plenty of great advice in this thread.
One small thing when you are hitting the bag you are always moving left especially off of jabs. I remember you mentioning in another thread you wanted to compete amateurs in boxing. This is a deadly mistake to have, if they know where you are going to be it’s easy to set something up for you especially when you have a tendency to lean forward as well I could just see a huge right smashing home.
Try moving both ways more consciously while hitting the bag as well as adding some pivots after punches combos going both ways

Ok thank you for the input I will work on that.

Edit: I'm trying to fight amateur this year so that's good advice I don't really have anyone to spar with at the moment but I will next week. And I might not be good at the reflexes in live sparring because it has been a mad min since I sparred.

Last edited:
with the left hook you don't want to lean, maybe crouch a little more. the main thing is to have more weight set on the left foot before throwing the punch. left hooks typically become slappy when you still have too much weight on your right foot when throwing it. ( i used to do this, i had a strong right but i would keep the weight on the back foot when throwing the left hook, turning it into an "arm" punch.)

Ok thank you for the feedback.

Back