Bagwork

Lead hook to the body looks pretty solid! Like the kicks as always, you have strong lowkicks and roundhouses, and excellent accuracy on your highkicks, and the rest of all that fancy stuff (some of us can only kick to waist height at best).

Maybe try to get a little more snap and distance on the jab instead of pushing/loading up with it. Relaxed shoulders.

Thanks man. Good shit. I will keep it in mind.

I think you stand a little close to the bag or you should be moving out, then back in. Good work overall. But as Sano stated there needs to be some more reach on the jab, and definately more snap with it. You are fighting on the inside. Personally i Would take a step back so use the jab and right cross more effectively. It would also give you the space to set up the kicks.

I'd like to see you step in with the one two. I like how you set up your kicks with punches.

Lead hook to the body looks pretty solid! Like the kicks as always, you have strong lowkicks and roundhouses, and excellent accuracy on your highkicks, and the rest of all that fancy stuff (some of us can only kick to waist height at best).

Maybe try to get a little more snap and distance on the jab instead of pushing/loading up with it. Relaxed shoulders.
Thanks man. Good shit. I will keep it in mind.
Stop thanking each other, you cans were supposed to give us the superfight gym war, years ago! Quit duckin' !

Stop thanking each other, you cans were supposed to give us the superfight gym war, years ago! Quit duckin' !
Back when we were young and foolhardy, now we're old men.

I think you stand a little close to the bag or you should be moving out, then back in. Good work overall. But as Sano stated there needs to be some more reach on the jab, and definately more snap with it. You are fighting on the inside. Personally i Would take a step back so use the jab and right cross more effectively. It would also give you the space to set up the kicks.

^This.

Right on Frode, always love your flow. Nice cheeky back kick! ;)

One of your better videos IMO, some nice fluid punch/kick combos, I especially enjoyed the :43 one. You know my constant critique that you are way too non-chalant and reset instead of having a more realistic pacing. I think it's wasted training to not ALWAYS end combos as though you're in a fight, even if it's just to circle away.

One of your better videos IMO, some nice fluid punch/kick combos, I especially enjoyed the :43 one. You know my constant critique that you are way too non-chalant and reset instead of having a more realistic pacing. I think it's wasted training to not ALWAYS end combos as though you're in a fight, even if it's just to circle away.

Yeah i kinda have to agree with you here. I was sparring a decent boxer a little more then three weeks ago. And he very often got the better angle after we traded strikes.

If its kick sparring, i can kinda get away with it due to my deep toolkit filled with strange kicks.

But in boxing (and also mma i guess), the footwork is more stright and imponant.

Gotta get through me first ;) and I have no training videos up, so I'm a wild card ;)

Back