Balance disc, stability ball

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by quantiqus, Jan 6, 2018.

1. quantiqus Purple Belt

quantiqus
    I want to know if some of you use balance discs or stability balls in your training or maybe you have seen at others.

Do you find them useful?
    What type of exercises do you do?
    Do you recommend a type?
    Do you recommend a brand?

Cub Swanson uses it in his trainings

BJJ guy

GSP using the stability ball

Noodles03 likes this.
  2. Noodles03 Blue Belt

Noodles03
    I'm curious as well since I'm planning on buying a stability disc to help improve my balance and coordination. I have been listening to some of Nick Curson interview where he talks about the benefits of using a stability disc for his fighters.

3. THHR23 Blue Belt

THHR23
    I use slant board, balance disc, bosu, pvc pipes and stabilty balls. Nick Curson's stuff is good and I also have ProBodX (book written by Marv Marinovich and Edythe Heus) Edythe has a youtube channel called Revolution In Motion that has a bunch of videos you can check out if interested. Edythe seems more Physio based compared to say Curson who has more Plyo/athletic work in his system.

I warm up with a mixture of all of their stuff before any intense workout which looks like a extended version of something along these lines.

Don't underestimate the pvc pipes if you haven't used them before, I was told I needed ankle surgery in 2013 so I started using the pipes/discs/boards and have not rolled a ankle since.

Sano likes this.