(Balanced) Square stance fighters

Dillashaw doesn’t have much of a Dutch style at all. MMA striking is most definitely moving away from the more traditional MT square stance. Has been for a while. Alls I’m saying.
Pretty much all of his combination work is Dutch style. MMA is a different sport though, smaller gloves and takedowns, so evasiveness and distancing is much more emphasized. This whole notion that they are on some next level futuristic striking is laughable though. Bang builds his teaching around the Dutch style, that's not debatable.

lol, theres alot of nonsense here.

Your exactly right with what he teaches, but I would say its geared for MMA. Duane is active on the MMA scene and has alot of MMA fighters....I dont know if he has any fighters competing in kickboxing or MT?
He's got a fighter that is going to be on the next Glory event. Follow him on Instagram the training is about as Dutch as you can get.

Pretty much all of his combination work is Dutch style. MMA is a different sport though, smaller gloves and takedowns, so evasiveness and distancing is much more emphasized. This whole notion that they are on some next level futuristic striking is laughable though. Bang builds his teaching around the Dutch style, that's not debatable.
For sure. I’m just saying you can’t really say Dillashaw fights in a Dutch style.

For sure. I’m just saying you can’t really say Dillashaw fights in a Dutch style.
Sure because he competes in MMA and not Kickboxing which presents different variables in distancing, movement, and defense. His combinations however are absolutely Dutch style.

Shit, he even says "OSS" to his training partners.

he absolutely does, as snubnoze has said, Duanes system is basically dutch kickboxing, being proficient in both stances, and being able to transition between both stances smoothly.

Heres a tutorial video I did with a friend of mine, hes a pro MMA fighter for Duane, he demonstrates some of his stance switching techniques in this clip. check it out.

he absolutely does, as snubnoze has said, Duanes system is basically dutch kickboxing, being proficient in both stances, and being able to transition between both stances smoothly.

Heres a tutorial video I did with a friend of mine, hes a pro MMA fighter for Duane, he demonstrates some of his stance switching techniques in this clip. check it out.

Hmmm. Ok. I’ll mostly take your word for it. It just seems like Dillashaw has a super unique style, in my opinion, and I am by no means a kickboxing expert, but he just doesn’t look like any Dutch Kickboxers I’ve seen. When I think of a Dutch style In mma I think of like.....José Aldo or something.

Anyhoo

My point was that in mma, it seems like in general fightwra are moving away from the square stance and picking up more boxing and karate style side stance and footwork.

Hmmm. Ok. I’ll mostly take your word for it. It just seems like Dillashaw has a super unique style, in my opinion, and I am by no means a kickboxing expert, but he just doesn’t look like any Dutch Kickboxers I’ve seen. When I think of a Dutch style In mma I think of like.....José Aldo or something.

Anyhoo

My point was that in mma, it seems like in general fightwra are moving away from the square stance and picking up more boxing and karate style side stance and footwork.

yeah square stance is primarily a MT thing.

Back