Ban alcohol

I went looking for the chart I saw yesterday responding to HereticBD, but couldn't find it.

But I did find charts that show:

-states with more guns have more gun deaths
-developed countries with more guns have more gun deaths
-states with tighter gun control have fewer gun-related deaths
-states with the most guns have the most suicides
-programs that limit access to guns have decreased suicides
-states with more guns have more cops killed on duty

(And according to these charts I was wrong: there is MORE than one mass shooting per day in America.)

So I propose this mad idea that places that have more guns have more shootings compared to places with less guns. I know, I know, it's a mad proposition to suggest that there is more than a statistical connection between guns and shootings or that easy access to guns results in more people easily shooting others.

For the record: I'm not saying gun control is even possible in America, but don't play games and suggest that access to guns or the proliferation of guns doesn't influence the number of shootings. Because that is insane.

So wait, the statement is that states that have more guns have more shootings?

Let me point out the flaw in logic here for you.

I bet states with more people, have more guns. In fact I know California and Illinois have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and yet still have more guns then everyone else, because they have more people.

Funny enough, places with more people, particularly densely populated areas, tend to have higher violent crime rates.

Washington DC has laws passed over and over, that are so strict, the supreme court has repeatedly struck them down as unconstitutional, and yet it still has one of the highest murder rates in the US.

I would gladly vote to outright ban ArmaLite style rifles if it would get the liberals to shut up. My brother has a Daniel Defense AR15 and bump stock but it's all for fun. You don't need one to hunt and you dont need one to defend yourself. My semi-auto Benelli M4 is more than enough to kill intruders at home and any handgun is more than enough to defend against assailants on the street. The .223 versions of the rifle are meant for accurate mid to long range targets which is not self defense, it's straight up battle. Or in many cases targeted mass murder.

That's a stupid fucking argument. If somehow, by magic, all AR15s disappeared and can no longer be manufactured, and all 3d printers are magically sealed from printing AR15 lowers, all lathes are magically sealed from producing lowers, and someone used a Bennelli M4 to shoot up a school and kill 20 kids, what do you think people like you are going to want to ban?

Last edited:
That's a stupid fucking argument. If somehow, by magic, all AR15s disappeared and can no longer be manufactured, and all 3d printers are magically sealed from printing AR15 lowers, all lathes are magically sealed from producing lowers, and someone used a Bennelli M4 to shoot up a school and kill 20 kids, what do you think people like you are going to want to ban?
Idiocy.

That's an average. I don't think I need to tell you that there are plenty of places in America where gun violence is climbing.

They're climbing because police departments are tentative to use aggressive tactics in black neighborhoods all over the US after all these "hands up, don't shoot' riots.

So wait, the statement is that states that have more guns have more shootings?

Let me point out the flaw in logic here for you.

I bet states with more people, have more guns. In fact I know California and Illinois have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and yet still have more guns then everyone else, because they have more people.

Funny enough, places with more people, particularly densely populated areas, tend to have higher violent crime rates.

Washington DC has laws passed over and over, that are so strict, the supreme court has repeatedly struck them down as unconstitutional, and yet it still has one of the highest murder rates in the US.

Ffs. I'm talking per capita. You're not even trying. I mean, I thought I was being a lazy fuck in this thread, but you're just making shit up.

Does anyone remember the Luby's massacre in Killeen? 23 people were murdered. The guy had two handguns.

They're climbing because police departments are tentative to use aggressive tactics in black neighborhoods all over the US after all these "hands up, don't shoot' riots.

Lol no, gun homicides are not climbing because police departments are restraining their violence. Give your head a shake.

Does anyone remember the Luby's massacre in Killeen? 23 people were murdered. The guy had two handguns.

Do you not remember Virginia Tech? The guy killed 32 people with ONE handgun. He had another .22 pistol, but he never used it.

I don't think alcohol, or guns should be banned. But, it needs to be more difficult to get a weapon, and we need to start tracking purchases and purchasing patterns.

Much tougher background checks, and a longer waiting period. Magazine limits at a Federal level, and a complete overhaul of gun shows, and resale of firearms.

You have no logical argument and resort to ad hominem.

<puh-lease75>

giphy.gif

Not really but....

Every day 28 people die in an alcohol-related car accident

• In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • 209 0 to 14 yr old were killed in 2015
  • The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

So due to alcohol 10,000 people a year die. There Is zero benefit to alcohol.

That's just traffic accidents.

In 2017 there were 15,549 people killed by guns in the United States in 2017.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-deaths-increase-2017/

We'll look at that those numbers..Those are pretty comparable. I don't understand why we're not all talking about banning alcohol. what's the difference?

Legit question

In all seriousness, you know that they banned alchohol in the 20s and it didn't go over well. It just created more revenue for criminals.

He is right though. How many gun laws were passed in the 90's?

Now, I'm not saying we should repeal the Brady bill, but if gun regulation worked, then why are we seeing more shootings.

The regulations you anti-gun folk are asking for, won't solve the problem, and then when more shootings happen, you are going to ask for more gun restrictions, and still it won't solve the problem.

Doing "something" may make people's feels, feel better, but if it doesn't solve the problem, isnt that actually an enablement of these shootings in itself?

He is right though. How many gun laws were passed in the 90's?

Now, I'm not saying we should repeal the Brady bill, but if gun regulation worked, then why are we seeing more shootings.

The regulations you anti-gun folk are asking for, won't solve the problem, and then when more shootings happen, you are going to ask for more gun restrictions, and still it won't solve the problem.

Doing "something" may make people's feels, feel better, but if it doesn't solve the problem, isnt that actually an enablement of these shootings in itself?
No, he isn't. You didn't address my ideas at all, and just said that nothing can possibly work. That's not an argument, FYI.

Two thoughts:

Firearm violence has been going down over the last 20 years.

the increases we are seeing -- in certain places or certain types of shootings -- in this overall downward trend may just because there are substantially more guns than there were thirty years ago.

Back