Ban alcohol

That's worthless unless it's Federal.

Why?

Explain to me how registration prevents a mass shooting?

Do you know where most "throw aways" AKA illegal guns bought on street corners come from? House robberies. Legal fire arms turned into untraceable murder weapons.

No. Something like a registry has to be national. A dozen different set of records from a dozen different states and 38 with no records isn't even remotely the same concept as a Federal purchase and ownership registry.

It's actually more important on the state level considering that is where the majority of this nations law enforcement falls under.

Why?

Explain to me how registration prevents a mass shooting?

Do you know where most "throw aways" AKA illegal guns bought on street corners come from? House robberies. Legal fire arms turned into untraceable murder weapons.
You can track the firearms then. Private sale no longer allowed.

I have no problem to make it "harder" to buy a gun.
I have no problem with a waiting period.
Magazine limits in my opinion would be ineffective.
Gun shows in Texas- I can buy a gun without a background check. I agree that could be updated.

Of course magazine limits would be ineffective.

Why on earth shouldn't a mass shooter have a full 100 rounds to empty into school children?

We don't want to inconvenience the poor guy by making him switch clips or anything at all.

Not really but....

Every day 28 people die in an alcohol-related car accident

• In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • 209 0 to 14 yr old were killed in 2015
  • The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

So due to alcohol 10,000 people a year die. There Is zero benefit to alcohol.

That's just traffic accidents.

In 2017 there were 15,549 people killed by guns in the United States in 2017.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-deaths-increase-2017/

We'll look at that those numbers..Those are pretty comparable. I don't understand why we're not all talking about banning alcohol. what's the difference?

Legit question
Ban schools imo.

Why on earth shouldn't a mass shooter have a full 100 rounds to empty into school children?

We don't want to inconvenience the poor guy by making him switch clips or anything at all.

Give me your estimate of how long it takes to change a cartridge

I want some gun regulation don't get me wrong. I think that is ineffective and it's more just for show personally

In my opinion buying a gun should be one of the hardest things you ever try to buy legally.

In this online world you can get a 50-round clip if you want it

I know a guy with 300, 30 round clips for an AR-15. I doubt he will mind if you ban them. I'm sure he could live with owning only 100, and selling the other 200 for a nice little profit.

Your ilk really is intent on creating a weapons black market in this country, by banning things that are already in such abundance that the enforcement of that law will be absolutely impossible.

What other rights should we make harder to do/get? How about in order to vote you have to pay a $200 tax for a voter registration card?

I want some gun regulation don't get me wrong. I think that is ineffective and it's more just for show personally

In my opinion buying a gun should be one of the hardest things you ever try to buy legally.

Then we pass an amendment. That's how the system works.

Go for it. In reality the gun issue is so unpopular for democrats, that most politicians are scared to even call for minor measures.

We can't get a constitutional amendment on citizens united, and 80% of Americans think money is corrupting our government.

Well, if the overall average is going down, but certain cities are going up, that means everywhere else is getting safer. That opens up the other criteria, such as the percentage of black crime in those cities that you're referring too. Since blacks make up 55% of all murders in the US.

Yeah, but again... guns make up 100% of all shootings. I posted a source earlier saying that shootings happen more frequently in places with more guns to shoot people with.

Gun shows in Texas- I can buy a gun without a background check. I agree that could be updated.

Just to be clear, it would be used from a private seller.

I would gladly vote to outright ban ArmaLite style rifles if it would get the liberals to shut up. My brother has a Daniel Defense AR15 and bump stock but it's all for fun. You don't need one to hunt and you dont need one to defend yourself. My semi-auto Benelli M4 is more than enough to kill intruders at home and any handgun is more than enough to defend against assailants on the street. The .223 versions of the rifle are meant for accurate mid to long range targets which is not self defense, it's straight up battle. Or in many cases targeted mass murder.

Home defense
AR > Benelli M4 or pistol.

It only takes a few seconds if the person is efficient. That still gives more time to be stopped, that still gives some people time to get away, it gives a window.

And if changing the clip is so easy.... then why do hunters care if they're limited to a 5 round clip? It only takes a few second to change...

Lol, I love it. This is what I keep trying to tell the gun grabbers. Learn from the failed war on drugs, and the failed prohibition era.

You will only create a black market, that can never be eradicated, and turn that trade into a violent never ending cycle that kills more people, then the problem you intend to solve.

isnt criminal gun running already like that?

Just to be clear, it would be used from a private seller.

Home defense
AR > Benelli M4 or pistol.

in what way is an AR better than either of those? muzzle velocity is a bad thing inside your house.

Back