Ban alcohol

in what way is an AR better than either of those? muzzle velocity is a bad thing inside your house.

the reason alot of people prefer a semi auto carbine for home defense is ease of use primarily, its much easier to acquire targets and put bullets repeatedly on target shooting 556 from a rifle than say a handgun or a shotgun

LOL you people, heart disease, and Diabetes cause way more death, and way way more money than guns, terrorists, and Alcohol.

We need to ban white sugars.

the reason alot of people prefer a semi auto carbine for home defense is ease of use primarily, its much easier to acquire targets and put bullets repeatedly on target shooting 556 from a rifle than say a handgun or a shotgun

i...... disagree? youd have to be totally retarded to not be able to put shots downrange with a M4. unless you mean actual rate of fire. Not a good idea to be pumping off as many rounds as possible in your house though. Better to have the shotgun you basically cant miss with.

i...... disagree? youd have to be totally retarded to not be able to put shots downrange with a M4. unless you mean actual rate of fire. Not a good idea to be pumping off as many rounds as possible in your house though. Better to have the shotgun you basically cant miss with.

its fine you disagree but that is exactly why people buy them(when referring to defensive use)

"basically cant miss" is why people prefer semi auto carbines over heavy recoil shotguns

most people have multiple people in their house that might need to use the weapon, including women who probably not too comfortable firing off a shotgun especially in a life or death situation

especially when you think about real life scenario which isnt shoot at person hit person everything is fine most situations where a gun is used in a defensive manner does not go down like

the key to any defensive gun use is multple rounds on target as consistently as possible

which is exactly what a semi auto carbine excels at

55 grain and 62 grain 5.56 usually breaks up, fragments, tumbles, etc. after hitting drywall. There are many tests that show that most handgun rounds (9, 40, 45) and shotgun (buckshot) will penetrate inside of a house more than 5.56 will.

in what way is an AR better than either of those? muzzle velocity is a bad thing inside your house.

*reads thread title*

*squints*

Fuck you.

Not really but....

Every day 28 people die in an alcohol-related car accident

• In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • 209 0 to 14 yr old were killed in 2015
  • The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

So due to alcohol 10,000 people a year die. There Is zero benefit to alcohol.

That's just traffic accidents.

In 2017 there were 15,549 people killed by guns in the United States in 2017.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-deaths-increase-2017/

We'll look at that those numbers..Those are pretty comparable. I don't understand why we're not all talking about banning alcohol. what's the difference?

Legit question

The 1920s have called they want their prohibition back.

I was about to find out where you lived and fucking murdered you. But yeah alcohol turns people into monsters.

Velocity doesn't mean penetration. If you are concerned about over penetration there are 5.56 rounds that have much lower penetration than most(9mm and up) pistol caliber hollow points. Unless you are using birdshot buckshot/slugs definitely penetrate more.

Here is a Hornady 75gr Tap T2 for example
8126N.jpg

55gr tap
83276.jpg

There are even lighter varmit rounds like 35-50gr stuff that just explodes into fragments.
223-50-Gr.-V-max-6-Apr-11-20in.jpg

Any quality pistol caliber hollow point will be designed to penetrate between 12-18" per fbi protocol for effectiveness.

This is what I personally have loaded up

77grTMK_06.jpg

For many yrs i've thought a country without alcohol would be a better one.

That gun death Stat is incredibly cherry picked. It excludes suicides. It'd be about 40,000 if that obvious gun death Stat wasn't excluded, which it should be.

He also didn't include the health related alcohol deaths. I think just comparing the number of innocent victim deaths is fair, personally.

Velocity doesn't mean penetration. If you are concerned about over penetration there are 5.56 rounds that have much lower penetration than most(9mm and up) pistol caliber hollow points. Unless you are using birdshot buckshot/slugs definitely penetrate more.

Here is a Hornady 75gr Tap T2 for example
8126N.jpg

55gr tap
83276.jpg

There are even lighter varmit rounds like 35-50gr stuff that just explodes into fragments.
223-50-Gr.-V-max-6-Apr-11-20in.jpg

Any quality pistol caliber hollow point will be designed to penetrate between 12-18" per fbi protocol for effectiveness.

This is what I personally have loaded up

77grTMK_06.jpg

My first shell is actually #8 birdshot. I live with other people so on the off chance something happens with one of them, they wouldnt get killed on accident. #3 buck after that.

Back