Ban alcohol

90% of the posters here could give up hope of ever gettin laid if alcohol was banned again.
Which would lead to more mass shootings.

Alcohol is one of the most destructive drugs out there, yet it's not only completely tolerated, it's also relentlessly promoted.

Alcohol is one of the most destructive drugs out there, yet it's not only completely tolerated, it's also relentlessly promoted.
Yea dude, lets all do yoga and meditate on Saturday nights

What did you mean then?
I meant that it's one of the most destructive drugs (fact) and it's promoted (also a fact). Why does that, for you, imply yoga and meditation on Saturday nights?

I meant that it's one of the most destructive drugs (fact) and it's promoted (also a fact). Why does that, for you, imply yoga and meditation on Saturday nights?
You seem the type. Probably vegan aswell

You seem the type. Probably vegan aswell
Absolutely not. Why do you think that? Facts are vegan yogis now?

I'm not calling you a hick who loves to inhale his pickup truck fumes either.

What other rights should we make harder to do/get? How about in order to vote you have to pay a $200 tax for a voter registration card?

technically I do kind of have to pay to vote because I need to have a photo ID. which I paid for. Maybe I could get it for free? Take the day off from work..stand in line at dmv..complete paperwork. Get my pic taken.

My time isn't free either though.

That's a stupid fucking argument. If somehow, by magic, all AR15s disappeared and can no longer be manufactured, and all 3d printers are magically sealed from printing AR15 lowers, all lathes are magically sealed from producing lowers, and someone used a Bennelli M4 to shoot up a school and kill 20 kids, what do you think people like you are going to want to ban?

It's not a stupid argument if it shuts liberals up. It's called give and take, try to compromise and make the most people happy. Democrats having unreasonable demands is no worse than Republicans purposely ignoring all discussions on the topic.

Just to be clear, it would be used from a private seller.

Home defense
AR > Benelli M4 or pistol.

I don't believe straw man purchases have caused one mass shooting... But a wink wink between me and a private seller is not good enough.

Now should we expect the private seller to run the background check? I think that puts too much responsibility on the seller. if you want to buy a used weapon through a gun show you should have some type of proof that shows you can buy it or go the "normal" process.

Last edited:
Not really but....

Every day 28 people die in an alcohol-related car accident

• In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • 209 0 to 14 yr old were killed in 2015
  • The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

So due to alcohol 10,000 people a year die. There Is zero benefit to alcohol.

That's just traffic accidents.

In 2017 there were 15,549 people killed by guns in the United States in 2017.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-deaths-increase-2017/

We'll look at that those numbers..Those are pretty comparable. I don't understand why we're not all talking about banning alcohol. what's the difference?

Legit question

refined sugar should be banned with the same logic.

who knows the untold billions that the US spends on diabetes, heart disease, and we know now that sugar promotes most kinds of cancer.

in clinical psychology, youre taught that the more effective way to change behavior is to give people an alternative to the shitty behavior theyre doing, rather than force them to stop the bad behavior. it would be great if we, as a country, could figure out how to do that with things like alcohol and other bad substances. i dont think its the pipe dream that it sounds like.

It only takes a few seconds if the person is efficient. That still gives more time to be stopped, that still gives some people time to get away, it gives a window.

And if changing the clip is so easy.... then why do hunters care if they're limited to a 5 round clip? It only takes a few second to change...

Agree to disagree... I don't see that as being an effective means of gun control.

I don't believe straw man purchases have caused one mass shooting... But a wink wink between me and a private seller is not good enough.

San Bernardino was a straw purchase.

Columbine was an illegal private sale for the tec-9. Seller knew the kids were underage and couldn't legally own it.

Anyway I was just saying that the only guns you can get without a background check at a gun show is from a private seller that doesn't have an ffl. At every gun show I've been to, every booth/table/display that was selling guns at the gun show had an ffl(you had to do a background check to purchase). The private sellers walk around with a sign if they are even allowed to do so, many shows have banned private sales.

San Bernardino was a straw purchase.

Columbine was an illegal private sale for the tec-9. Seller knew the kids were underage and couldn't legally own it.

I stand corrected. thank you for the additional information on the gun shows

Just to be clear, it would be used from a private seller.

Home defense
AR > Benelli M4 or pistol.

A 2-3/4 slug has twice the stopping of a .223 at close range, so no. But I suppose if you live in an apartment, the rifle is safer since the slug will go through anything in it's path.

Not really but....

Every day 28 people die in an alcohol-related car accident

• In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • 209 0 to 14 yr old were killed in 2015
  • The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

So due to alcohol 10,000 people a year die. There Is zero benefit to alcohol.

That's just traffic accidents.

In 2017 there were 15,549 people killed by guns in the United States in 2017.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/gun-deaths-increase-2017/

We'll look at that those numbers..Those are pretty comparable. I don't understand why we're not all talking about banning alcohol. what's the difference?

Legit question
Alcohol is easier to personally manufacture than guns are. That's why we're not talking about an alcohol ban which was actually already tried and failed miserably.

Which leads to the next point, we know prohibition of drugs does not work so why are other drugs still banned

Back