Bands/Groups you love that Peter out after 2 albums

Phantogram.

Came out hot with Eyelid Movies, then had a good album with Voices. But, their Three album in 2016 was hot garbage.

Minus The Bear: Really awesome style for the first two albums. They seemed to have a lot of fun making these. Upbeat sounds about doing fun shit like traveling to Europe or boat trips. Also a unique guitar style where tapping was the basis of every melody. Their 3rd album was "more mature" and they dropped the silly song names and almost completely dropped their signature sound of guitar tapping. They have some decent songs on the other 3 albums, but nothing that compares to the first two.

I agree with this. I really liked them and had big hopes for them at the beginning of their career.

I really liked them in this period:

They are nowhere near the quality of Surfer Rosa or Doolittle.

There is a dip in quality but they are still great albums. It's not as if they went to shit after Doolittle.

For me its the Smashing Pumpkins. I didn't really get into anything after Siamese Dream. I was just listening to Gish last night. To me, that was their best.

Weezer.

Thread.//

No way man The Green Album was good (and Maladroit was fine, but definitely a step down as an entire album), and after years of mediocrity they came back with a great and a very good album in Everything Will Be Alright in the End and the White Album. If you missed the sound of the first three albums it was a godsend (too bad the album after those two was a return to the sound from their mediocre years). Ric Ocasek came back to produce Everything Will be Alright in the End too, and the White album is heavily relationship focused like Pinkerton.
Tell me these songs aren't a return to form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhC9xS9rvw&list=PLdip8cvT7-CFTszsyGpIoB-VCR8CD1a5I&index=7

No way man The Green Album was good (and Maladroit was fine, but definitely a step down as an entire album), and after years of mediocrity they came back with a great and a very good album in Everything Will Be Alright in the End and the White Album. If you missed the sound of the first three albums it was a godsend (too bad the album after those two was a return to the sound from their mediocre years). Ric Ocasek came back to produce Everything Will be Alright in the End too, and the White album is heavily relationship focused like Pinkerton.
Tell me these songs aren't a return to form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhC9xS9rvw&list=PLdip8cvT7-CFTszsyGpIoB-VCR8CD1a5I&index=7

None of those songs are bad actually, but the stretch from Make Believe through Hurley was more or less an abomination.

As for Green and Mal, Green was just good pop music. Nothing wrong with that, and Maladroit just had no soul, outside of maybe Slave or Slob. White Album could be called a return to form, but I'm just no longer into the band like I was back in high school.

Thanks for those songs you linked though.

Mudvayne after LD 50 and EOATTC

They were unique but then really tried to be a singles band after World So Cold became a hit. They really went to shit after their second album.

Mudvayne after LD 50 and EOATTC

They were unique but then really tried to be a singles band after World So Cold became a hit. They really went to shit after their second album.

I would consider the beginning of all things to end, as the album before ld50. Or so I thought. The former was better than eoattc. IMO

Mercury Rev, I love ''Yerself is Steam'' and ''Boces'', after that Baker left the band and I could never stand the high pitched voice of the new singer, their sound changed drasticly as well, it became less psychedelic and much more vanilla.

I would consider the beginning of all things to end, as the album before ld50. Or so I thought. The former was better than eoattc. IMO

LD 50 was before. I was just listing the two good albums.

CKY-Logo-Sticker.jpg

LD 50 was before. I was just listing the two good albums.

Check this out, on wiki, The Beginning of all things to end isn't even mentioned. Where is it? I'm damn annoyed lol.

Not on discography or history. You see this?

Check this out, on wiki, The Beginning of all things to end isn't even mentioned. Where is it? I'm damn annoyed lol.

Not on discography or history. You see this?

It is, that’s just a re-release of their pre-LD 50 EP called Kill I Oughta. Its not classed as a studio album.

Rage Against the Machine came to mind for me. First two were solid gold. Downhill for me from there

Back