Bands you loved, now can't listen to

Limp Bizkit

Saw them live last year and it was such a horrible set. I'l be fine not hearing them again for another decade.

I was a huge of Evanescence back in 2003 to 2006.

It was weird when the co-founder of the band, the lead guitarist, quit only 6 months after the band got its huge break of being on the Daredevil soundtrack. They were huge, and he just left supposedly frustrated with the lead singer, Amy Lee, was getting all the attention.

Walking away from a band you created and were going to be making MILLIONS of dollars a year playing in? WTF...

Then over the next two years each of the other three band members leave, and Amy Lee gave very smooth answers about it in interviews, like a smooth politician.

So I came to the conclusion that Amy Lee is a complete bitch behind the scenes. It's the most likely scenario, and I'm damn sure that's the case.

Its sad, because they really had some great songs.
The guitarist left because the band was originally a Christian rock band and Amy Lee was apparently fine with changing that to fit a more lucrative audience.

So yeah, total bitch imo.

Oh god....

As a teen, Korn.

Facepalms.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails.

I like the music but the lyrics are just too heavy for a 31 year old who took way too long to get his life in order.

I’m trying to keep myself upbeat and I don’t think I can do that by repeatedly listening to great music with lyrics and singing that describe depression or other forms of torment.

When the mood hits me, I can still do tool. Hollywood makes me play aenima about once a year. Eulogy never gets old, if you like rock. NEVER.

I can't listen to music anymore. I am not a teen anymore and I realize most of it is negative stuff made by jerks and I wouldn't want to support that trash or put it into my mind.

This seems extremely excessive.

Do you watch movies/TV shows/sports? I feel like this same thing could be said about all entertainment.

On the topic, I used to love metal music in middle school. I still like the same bands that I used to like but can't stomach any metal I didn't like back in the day. No melody, no rhythm.

Last edited:
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails.

I like the music but the lyrics are just too heavy for a 31 year old who took way too long to get his life in order.

I’m trying to keep myself upbeat and I don’t think I can do that by repeatedly listening to great music with lyrics and singing that describe depression or other forms of torment.

Don't hide from your problems ignoring them won't make them go away.

I don't feel depressed when listing to said music. Well, maybe some NIN stuff is pretty rough. But the TOOL and APC stuff I find pretty cathartic for the most part.

Also for upbeat stuff nothing beats 80's new wave !!

<Oku03> .

Don't hide from your problems ignoring them won't make them go away.

I don't feel depressed when listing to said music. Well, maybe some NIN stuff is pretty rough. But the TOOL and APC stuff I find pretty cathartic for the most part.

Yeah. I've never understood the notion of "sad music makes you sad" or whatever. I listen to a lot of pretty "depressing" stuff, such as funeral doom, death/doom and the likes - hell, Chelsea Wolfe (my AV and sig.) isn't exactly lighthearted fun - but it's great music and hence it puts me in a good mood. When I'm done crying, obviously ...

Yeah. I've never understood the notion of "sad music makes you sad" or whatever. I listen to a lot of pretty "depressing" stuff, such as funeral doom, death/doom and the likes - hell, Chelsea Wolfe (my AV and sig.) isn't exactly lighthearted fun - but it's great music and hence it puts me in a good mood. When I'm done crying, obviously ...

I typed " said " music, it wasn't a typo. For the record I don't consider TOOL or APC sad music. Maybey some NIN. But this all sybjective.

<28>Cheers.

Most hip hop groups from the early to mid 90s
A couple of years ago I seen an I Love the 90's tour and it was glorious. Salt N Pepa, Coolio, Tone Loc, Colour Me Bad, Young MC, and Vanilla Ice.

Last edited:
I can't listen to music anymore. I am not a teen anymore and I realize most of it is negative stuff made by jerks and I wouldn't want to support that trash or put it into my mind.
You're in luck. Music nowadays is upbeat and gay as fuck.

I typed " said " music, it wasn't a typo. For the record I don't consider TOOL or APC sad music. Maybey some NIN. But this all sybjective.

<28>Cheers.

I wasn't thinking you made a typo. I was more referring to your point about music being cathartic, hence the comment on "sad music" not necessarily making you sad.

I wasn't thinking you made a typo. I was more referring to your point about music being cathartic, hence the comment on "sad music" not necessarily making you sad.

<{Heymansnicker}>Guess you didn't notice notice how purposefully placed two typos in there...

I see your point about sad music necnecessarily making you sad. But like I said I don't find TOOL or APC material sad to begin with. If anything I would describe the music as being a soul reflective conduit. Sometimes I feel like they make songs just for me. It's something that is hard to describe. I think I have cried at at one of their concerts once. But it wasn't from being sad. It was from someone unlocking powerful emotions I didn't even know I had. TOOL especially in the Lateralus album has always been about exploring within one's " self ". Acknowlaging emotions and becoming more self aware and becoming more poweful.

:meow: .

This thread inspired me to check out some old shit I was into back in the day on Youtube, I listened to 1 Insane Clown Posse song, oh my fucking god. :eek:

Also the first Korn album, the self titled one, I always thought that was their best one back in the day, listened to it on the treadmill for the first time in probably 17 years, holy shit it is terrible.

Can it be like 1 song? there are a lot of bands that I liked 1 song from but could not get into and the did not really like afterwards (not even the 1-2 songs).

I can't lisyen to any RHCP song on the radio anymore. Although I still enjoy the By the Way album.

I used to listen to a lot of Dispatch and OAR in high school and omggggg. Its fucking awful

Can it be like 1 song? there are a lot of bands that I liked 1 song from but could not get into and the did not really like afterwards (not even the 1-2 songs).

No, it can't. It have to be a band you once loved, still respect, but don't listen to anymore for some reason.

Then again, go ahead, I'm curious ...

Back