Bands you loved, now can't listen to

I used to love grindcore. I don't listen to it anymore.

I listened to so much Nirvana and Metallica in my teens that I can't bring myself to listen to them now.

Last edited:
old aphex twin sounds lame as fuck now, so stiff and repetitive, heres what im talking about

#nothanks

I've always thought Aphex Twin was hit and miss and but he still has some absolute bangers from back in the day

I've always thought Aphex Twin was hit and miss and but he still has some absolute bangers from back in the day

I'd say you really have two quite different sides to him in the harsher stuff like the above and the more atmospheric stuff, perhaps add in a third side of stuff like Come To Daddy looking to shock for some mainstream attention.

I was always more of an orbital man....

The answer for me would probably be a lot of indie from the 80's and early/mid 90's...

Last edited:
eminem and amon amarth. the latter (2nd mentioned thing) i can listen to occasionally for nostalgia's sake but i just can't get pumped to

Run DMC. No desire to re-buy iTunes songs of my old records.

For a few years I was into black and death metal. These days I wouldn't be able to get through a song without being like fuck this shit. I understand a lot of it is hard to play, but most of it just sounds like an atonal mess. I still listen to some metalcore or stuff like that, that has an occasional melody.

For a few years I was into black and death metal. These days I wouldn't be able to get through a song without being like fuck this shit. I understand a lot of it is hard to play, but most of it just sounds like an atonal mess. I still listen to some metalcore or stuff like that, that has an occasional melody.
Sounds like you haven't grown out of your edgy phase yet. Still got some flickering embers left

Basically everything I listened to in middle school <45>

Thrice, A Perfect Circle (I called them "Melodic Tool"), Coheed & Cambria, AFI, Disturbed, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Finch, Dream Theater, and metalcore in general.

This fucking shit. I don't even know how i could like that once. I still find it hilarious though.

What do you listen to now?

Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon, Swans, Scott Walker, Genesis, Pink Floyd, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Wormed, Sufjan Stevens, Deathspell Omega, Neurosis

Limp Bizkit. Listened to SO a few years ago and wow it's awful.

Korn, Orgy, Master P, Deadsy, Rage. 90s bling bling era rap and Nu Metal are unbearable now.

However with that said I went to Heavy Montreal and Limp Bizkit headlined and it was hilariously epic. They did a great live show and I throughly enjoyed it.

There was point about 15-20 years ago I used to love Marilyn Mansons music. Slowly I've come to realize Manson was just a precursor to the Emo movement, he is like the original cry baby attention seeker. Recently I tried to listen to his "Smells Like Children" album, and my God was that goofy.

I don't know what his most recent music sounds like, and I honestly do not care, I'm sure he still wears platforms and make up though.

Sunny Day Real Estate started Emo and I love them.

Back